 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5561
Re: New game: Orphan part of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
dear authors,

I thought al lot about hold voted parts an orphans over the last couple of
weeks. getting a hold vote at the PT to me is almost a slap in the face
therefore I try to fix my parts as soon as I can. at the same time I'm also
aware that the "PT experience" can be quite frustrating with people abandon
their parts down the way. currently we have 264 held files. many of them with
an
uncertain future. at RANDOM I've chosen:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6246f.dat

will it end as a beggar at the northeast corner of fifth avenue and 42nd
street?
slip into a criminal career and deal with custom parts or megablock replicas?

That's just too funny of a vision not to snicker at. Thanks. (although the Pepsi
in my nose isn't going to leave a mark, is it?)

it’s x-mas time! lets make a community effort and find a new home for this poor
orphan -  well, first of all, shall we consider it an orphan?

I would... although it might be worth dropping a note to the last known addy for
John Van Z, after that, if someone took it under their wing and fixed the hold
issues that would be a good thing. It's a neat part!

Tell you what, Willy... you take it under YOUR wing, try to talk to John Van Z,
get it fixed, and I'll promise you I'll review all your parts that are currently
not yet approved for release to the best of my meagre ability. As long as you
review a few parts of other people's too.

Deal?