 Administrative / General / 2514
  CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

  Question about the CFV

I find it interesting that this does NOT come from the LUGNET administration. If the administration doesn't agree to abide by the outcome of the vote, what is the point of taking it? And has anyone found out how old J. Wilson is? IMHO... There (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

I found a simpler solution to JW's posts. I delete them if I see them. If he improves, fine. If not, in the trash it goes. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about the CFV

Sorry Jonathan, Jonathan is 18 and from Australia. (Not Austalia :) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) No, you're missing out! I occasionally read his posts for a quick laugh or two. [1] Greg "..A year later, I was transferred to the moon, worse pay, better hours.." Majewski citrusx__@yahoo.com (URL) Though they usually end up with me shouting (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

Hi Scott, Please Note: You don't have to participate in the vote, however the outcome will be decided by those who do participate. So please participate one way or the other. Your vote will count. Thanks, Adam Scott Edward Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

I know, but with politics and work getting most of my anger, a quick delete works for me. The quote to Onyx (sp?)?) did it for me, I guess. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

OK, for some reason, I love to vote on things (I.E. voting in elections and the like) but for JW, seems like a waste. I will do so soon, however! BTW! (Back to Work) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) LOL! :o) (...) Heh....that sounds like a good stress relief device :P I wonder if this could go down in the books as 'Wilson Therapy.' ;o) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Commonwealth Edison: What do you do with OUR power? Get paid to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Question about the CFV

(...) OK, Thanks, Adam, for that info. Certainly an 18-year-old is much different than a 12-year-old in this situation. Also, after I posted my question about the vote not originating from Todd, I saw Todd's not about the hsitory of L-Cad and how it (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about the CFV

(...) He's old enough to be studying at a university. (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) I only sent it to tore himself (at least acording to the message in my sent mail folder I did) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Please move this discussion to lugnet.admin.general (was: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) Oops! Adam, the 'Followup-To' header needs to be part of the message header, not the body of the message. (...) The above message should have been posted with the 'Followup-To' header set to a lugnet.admin.general. (But don't get mad at Adam; (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) mail folder I did) And that makes it OK? It was still extremely rude whether you sent it to Tore or posted it. It showed no respect for Tore at all. Eric Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Wow, sounds a lot like "darn, I can't believe other people saw that and now I might be held accountable for it." Or in other words, "I'm sorry I got caught." (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) He actually took the time to answer my questions, therefore he does not consider the post rude and since it was meant only for his eyes that means that the opinions of the rest of the group as to the rudeness of the post do not matter as the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) No no no my friend. You cannot say in the least that your post was not rude or that it was cancelled out in effect by Tore's kind reply. Just because Tore himself didn't react at you doesn't mean it was rude. Posting mishaps happen, and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

Adam Howard wrote in message ... (...) SNIP (...) I don't follow the .cad groups so I've been missing all the fun on LUGNET, but luckily the brass balls have been clanging away on RTL: -Rob. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Tore (...) Agreed to all of Eric's above points. (...) Going solely by what Tore posted, no, he was not rude. Mercy triumphs over justice (but each has its place), so let's take these following points one at a time, not as a convoluted lump, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) According to the NNTP headers in the message, it was posted by you to lugnet.off-topic.geek on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 at 11:16:38 GMT, from studun26.murdoch.edu.au, using Netscape 4.03 for Win95. Still baffled? (...) Apparently you posted it (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) The message was posted by me. my newsreader seemed to stuff it up and post to .geek as well as mailing it to tore so the message was posted by me but it should never have been so therefore it should not have been seen by people on this group. (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) So because of some lacking on your part in technical skill or knowledge, which certainly comes as a surprise to everyone reading this, the message got posted to the group and everyone saw it. Deal with it. It's still rude, whether you INTENDED (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Yeah, that's the kind of person we all want to deal with on a regular basis. He's very "pissed" at John D. indeed. What arrogance, and so recently, too. (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Tore (...) Jonathan I just don't think you "get it". I have been giving this vote alot of thought and was inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt and vote for probation and take a "wait and see" approach. Now I am not so sure. When you (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Wow, you must be REALLY frustrated with all this :-| (...) You're missing the entire point of what 80 million people have already told you, "But it WAS posted." You are basically saying, "Well, if I hadn't have posted it, people wouldn't have (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about the CFV

(...) 18?!?! When I first read his posts, I automatically thought he was around 10 or 11. I am dead serious, that's the saddest part :-( Greg Majewski citrusx__@yahoo.com (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

How about a 1 post per day limit to the cad.* heirarchy as a probationary condition? This would force Jonathan to more carefully consider what he posts, and would give everyone a break from the deluge of sometimes rude or irritating posts. Is this (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

Hmmmm. I think there is already a vote being held to get Piggy. Maybe we might take a break for a while and wait until the results come out. I believe that JW's "defense" of his action started with the _statement_ (...) I did) most of the key (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Though this last sentenced looks quoted, I assume that you Greg "author of zany sigs :-)" Majewski wrote it. I'm not frustrated like a lot of folks (for obvious reasons) but where the future of an individual with regard to a community is at (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

By the way, Linc, it's nice to hear from you. It seems like it's been a while. -John Van Linc Smith <ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca> wrote in message news:FGM8Fy.3EH@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) while. (...) Summer is the field season, and I am not able to read/contribute as much as I would like. I have been around a day here and and a day there, but mostly lurking. Is it ever neat to have a close community like Lugnet that notices (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

I like this idea, but maybe two messages, one in the morning one in the evening. This way it makes it easier, because you can reply to things that came in during the night, and then to things that came in during the day. I think we ought to hold off (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Found on DejaNews: John DiRienzo's reply to JW's message... (...) --Todd (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) Technically feasable: yes. Worth the time to implement: not IMO. --Todd (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET