 Administrative / General / 2556
Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:20:54 GMT

That sounds like a good idea because:

1) Jonathan is Jonathan.  No matter how hard he tries, he will not be
able to function in a mature manner in LUGNET because *HE IS IMMATURE*
That's no crime, he's just young.  And a little dense.  But who among us
is perfect?  (Okay, besides Lar;)
2) It will take care of the voluminous white JW noise which is prolly
the most annoying thing about him.
3) It won't cut him off completely, and therefore possibly stifling his
own creativity.

Since it may be technically a problem to limit him to two messages per
day, a better idea might be to have him self impose a 2 post limit--
with the understanding that if he violates that agreement he will
automatically loose privileges immediately for a month or whatever, end
of discussion.  It would also make a nasty "vote" thing unnecessary.
Give him the rope; let him hang *himself*

-John

Scott R Dennett wrote:

I like this idea, but maybe two messages, one in the morning one
in the
evening. This way it makes it easier, because you can reply to
things
that came in during the night, and then to things that came in
during
the day.
I think we ought to hold off on revoking the posting privilages,
at least for
now, because he has said that he will change his ways, so I
think we should
at least give him some time to see if he lives up to it.

Ryan

"Ultimately, my goal is to glorify God."  Brock Huard