 Administrative / General / 2557
Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:42:37 GMT

I don't read most of the newsgroups that have complained, and so I don't feel
it is my place to vote in the matter.  However, as a suggestion, perhaps it
would be more feasible to ban him from Lugnet and then see if he _VOLUNTARILY_
cleans up his posts to rtl.  There is absolutely nothing to make him use
capital letters and not waste bandwidth there, but if he were to do so on his
own, it could be a sign that he was changing his habits.  Note that so far he
has NOT bothered to improve his rtl posts, as this one from this morning shows:

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:25:49 +0800
From: Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: Need pictures of parts, or suggestions

LMNtree2HS wrote:

Hi All,

In the near future, I am going to have a huge new parts auction on eBay, but
the problem is that I don't have a way to post pictures (no scanner or
camera),
so I don't know how I will show what the pieces look like.  In some of my
auctions, I have gotten a friend to take pictures, but I am going to hav way
too many pieces to ask him to do it this time.  I was wondering if there
were
any pictures of different parts for sets available on the internet to use?
Or
if there is a place that has the names of all the parts, with a very
accurate
description.  Or maybe someone just has a good idea on how I should go about
doing this. I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
Sean

you could try ldraw. there is at least 1 internet site with pictures of the
ldraw
parts.
i do not have the url, sorry.
some parts need no picture such as a 1 x 2 brick.

I think that this is one of the types of posts under scrutiny.

Naji

In lugnet.admin.general, John Neal writes:

Since it may be technically a problem to limit him to two messages per
day, a better idea might be to have him self impose a 2 post limit--
with the understanding that if he violates that agreement he will
automatically loose privileges immediately for a month or whatever, end
of discussion.  It would also make a nasty "vote" thing unnecessary.
Give him the rope; let him hang *himself*

-John
[ Snip a couple times ]