 Administrative / General / 2558
Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:48:32 GMT

At 03:20 PM 8/17/99 , John Neal wrote:
That sounds like a good idea because:

1) Jonathan is Jonathan.  No matter how hard he tries, he will not be
able to function in a mature manner in LUGNET because *HE IS IMMATURE*
That's no crime, he's just young.  And a little dense.  But who among us
is perfect?  (Okay, besides Lar;)
2) It will take care of the voluminous white JW noise which is prolly
the most annoying thing about him.
3) It won't cut him off completely, and therefore possibly stifling his
own creativity.

Correct on all above.  (Tim grovels at the feet of the great Lar) :P

Since it may be technically a problem to limit him to two messages per
day, a better idea might be to have him self impose a 2 post limit--
with the understanding that if he violates that agreement he will
automatically loose privileges immediately for a month or whatever, end
of discussion.  It would also make a nasty "vote" thing unnecessary.
Give him the rope; let him hang *himself*

Good point.  Though I fully support the current vote, it appears that
either way his actions will continue to back himself further into a
corner.  Personally his actions baffle me beyond ALL possible
explanation.  He thinks that his rudeness is excusable and that his
part-floods are too because he's a 'beginner.'  It angered me when I read
that he was 18 - and it still does.  His actions are more like a 12 year
old in this group.  And also, all this discussion about him is 1) futile -
he'll continue his immature arrogancy and 2) a complete waste of my
time.  I have a week until school starts up again and I would like to get
some pages done on ldraw.org and also write a bunch on a personal project
of mine.  Yes, this is a very important issue, but its plain wasting my
time.  And Jonathan, that's not making me very happy with you.

I'll say this: The posted apologies mean absolutely nothing to me for the
following reasons:

1. Jonathan continues posting rudely with poor grammar (see the [one-man]
debate on the Tore post)

2. Jonathan has not acknowledged any request to improve his posting methods
besides capitalization (how many times have we mentioned a signature to him)

3. I feel he's just grovelling to the group because of the vote that's out
there against him.  Note how quickly the post 'I apologize' appeared after
the CFV last night.

4. His extensive unfavorable history on this group has proven that change
on his part is highly unlikely.

Anyways, this whole thing irritates me to the bone and is pissing me
off.  I can't believe he has the nerve to come in and defy overwhelming
posts on his rudeness AFTER a CFV has been released to ban him from Lugnet
groups.

Now...what's Lugnet about?  Lego??

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Commonwealth Edison: What do you do with OUR power?

Get paid to surf the web!  Visit:
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DGO655