 Administrative / General / 2643
Re: Sig a probational condition?, philosophy of what we are doing (was Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 02:45:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <37BB20F7.439C93D1@voyager.net>...
*snip*
Getting such a CFV right is not easy and I don't think any swipes at
Adam for trying to take this task on, but not getting it right the first
time, are warranted. Rather, a vote of thanks, but with a request to try
again, is in order. (so moved, do I have a second?)

Seconded.

*snip*
To those that say we are overanalysing... we are. But that's OK. We MUST
get this right, be precise, and be impartial or we will have sown the
seeds of the destruction of our community.

"What is fair" can be ambiguous, but justice itself must be impartial,
emotionless, and unambiguous, or it is unfair on the face of it. Life
isn't fair but I'd prefer we act as fairly as we can under the
circumstances.

Hear Hear.

Frank