 Administrative / General / 2644
Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:04:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:

Because of the way I access the internet I am unable to use a signature.

You might be able to, after all.  According to your NNTP headers, You appear
to be using Netscape 4.03 for Win95:

I know how to do it but the owner of the system I use wont let me set one
up.

Signing a post is easy.  At the end, when you're ready to send, type the
following:
[return]
[return]
"J" "o" "n" [return]
And then send the message as usual.  If you prefer, you could spell your first
name out.

Personally, I think anything more than this is usually wasteful junk.  I don't
want to read someone's sig over and over again (unless it changes and is funny,
like Tom McDonald's).  To me, a sig file is just a way to show you don't want
to bother to type your name again - just like sending a letter with a
pre-printed or a rubber stamp signature.

Follow-ups to lugnet.off-topic.fun, as I think that both sides of this argument
are silly...   (to follow the rules, I changed it to off-topic.debate)
[return]
[return]
"N" "a" "j" "i" [return]