 Administrative / General / 2576
Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 01:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Naji Norder wrote:

I don't read most of the newsgroups that have complained, and so I don't • feel
it is my place to vote in the matter.  However, as a suggestion, perhaps it
would be more feasible to ban him from Lugnet and then see if he • _VOLUNTARILY_
cleans up his posts to rtl.  There is absolutely nothing to make him use
capital letters and not waste bandwidth there, but if he were to do so on • his
own, it could be a sign that he was changing his habits.  Note that so far • he
has NOT bothered to improve his rtl posts, as this one from this morning • shows:

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:25:49 +0800
From: Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: Need pictures of parts, or suggestions

LMNtree2HS wrote:

Hi All,

In the near future, I am going to have a huge new parts auction on eBay, • but
the problem is that I don't have a way to post pictures (no scanner or
camera),
so I don't know how I will show what the pieces look like.  In some of my
auctions, I have gotten a friend to take pictures, but I am going to hav • way
too many pieces to ask him to do it this time.  I was wondering if there
were
any pictures of different parts for sets available on the internet to • use?
Or
if there is a place that has the names of all the parts, with a very
accurate
description.  Or maybe someone just has a good idea on how I should go • about
doing this. I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
Sean

you could try ldraw. there is at least 1 internet site with pictures of • the
ldraw
parts.
i do not have the url, sorry.
some parts need no picture such as a 1 x 2 brick.

I think that this is one of the types of posts under scrutiny.

On the other hand, the other day, I saw Jonathan ask a reasonable
question in a polite way. Someone else had already answered, but given
the politeness of the question, I was willing to add a comment to the
answer already given. I think the question even had capitalization.

--
Frank Filz

Agreed.  Since I spoke up against him, here I'll speak up for him.  He did ask
nicely about the different Lego retailers in the United States, which has
spawned a nice little discussion on rtl.  It's improved my knowledge of some of
the stores.

Naji