 Administrative / General / 2584
Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:44:38 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Strongly agreed!

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=814

And actually, it wouldn't be all that difficult to implement if (a) we used
the 'Approved-By' header for this and (b) the mentor was able to edit raw
NNTP messages to add this header.  That's really the only sticky bit on the
client side:

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1601

Hey, and just think, that might give some people more reason to delude
someone with mail with subjects like "WTF are my Lugnet posts?!"

Seriously, though - possible to do it via the web?  Say I'm a mentor -
I go to a specific URL, give a username/password, then am presented
with each of the messages I need to approve or not?  Maybe have a
small comment field for those I don't approve, with the whole thing,
possibly marked-up, mailed back to the author?

But better yet, I think, is your suggestion to queue up posts and let the
mentors browse and address them directly via the website -- clicking a Pass
or Fail button and being able to add comments.  That avoids the whole messy
issue of the 'Approved-By' header.  But that's also presumes the existence
of other things which aren't yet in.

I guess it's obvious I start replying without reading the whole
message first, hunh?  :)

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)