 Administrative / General / 2585
Re: New review site going up...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:53:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Ya! I like this.

Todd told me offline he's thinking of empowering someone to do some
content organization in the /reviews/ part of LUGNET.

Bad idea.

This is somewhere where the bazaar method is presenting us a ready made
answer, although it isn't TODD's code. Let's go with the FAQoMatic
approach here (and maybe extend it to the overall FAQ too??) as long as
someone with smarts has perused the actual content with an eye to
inhalability if it doesn't pan out.

Well, if it needs to be hosted elsewhere I can do that.  I can also
look into giving a single trustworthy person limited telnet access to
my account to actually install and get it working.

Or Todd can host it and I can just use it.  :)

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)