 Administrative / General / 2541
Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:44:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/geek/?n=377

I am baffeled as to how that message got on .geek.
I only sent it to tore himself (at least acording to the message in my sent
mail folder I did)

And that makes it OK?  It was still extremely rude whether you sent it to • Tore
or posted it.  It showed no respect for Tore at all.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Jonathan I just don't think you "get it".  I have been giving this vote alot of
thought and was inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt and vote for
probation and take a "wait and see" approach.  Now I am not so sure.

When you try and defend yourself for something that seems to be widely taken as
being rude in such an ineffective manner you just make many of us more upset.
Besides I think you need to understand what is happening.  There is a vote
afoot to remove your posting privileges.  Is this what you want?  Do you even
understand that this is what is happening? or why this is happening?

I have been holding off my vote because I do not participate in cad.dev other
than to read it and others are more effected by your posts then me.  I will
continue to hold my vote off but rest assured that every time you post
something rude or without thinking it will sway my vote further and further
towards total revocation of your posting privileges.

Tore did not send me a rude reply.

I am sure he didn't send a rude reply.

He actually took the time to answer my questions, therefore he does not
consider the post rude and since it was meant only for his eyes that means
that the opinions of the rest of the group as to the rudeness of the post do
not matter as the group should never have seen it in the first place.

You make a lot of assumptions here that I would not be willing to make.  Being
nice does not mean someone is not offended.  We don't all flame someone
when they offend us.

Finally, you posted the message and whether or not you intended to post it is
not the issue.  It was posted.  It was rude.  Live with it.  Accept the
consequences.(1)

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

(1) Just to tired to use more than 3 word sentences at the end.  Time to take a
brake until the next time Jonathan puts finger to keyboard.