 Administrative / Financial / *175 (-100)
  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Thanks, Anne! Very kind of you. (...) Actually you should announce auctions in lugnet.market.auctions rather than in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. (20 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Hi Todd, Just so you know I have some LEGO display stuff I'm putting up on auction on my Bricklink store. The display minifig is going to have 10% of the final bid go to lugnet. The other display stuff will be between 25% and 50% :) (I also need to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

I'll follow along too, even though I'm kinda short on inventory now... 10% to lugnet, 5% off all inventory! (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) It doesn't? (...) I don't think so, for the opposite reason: the "social and recreational facilities" here *are* available to the general public. (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) LUGNET can't become a 501(c)3 organization because it doesn't provide its services to anyone, regardless of age. The closest LUGNET could get would be a 501(c)7 "Social and Recreational" organization. Paul Sinasohn, who has been through this (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) I hope it's a Schnell Schleim Server. ROSCO (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Well, that's where the legal-words thing comes in. Maybe that category is actually broad enough to include us -- or could be, simply with the addition of a new mission statement. But maybe it has to be more focused than that. Maybe it fits (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

You don't think Lugnet is edumacational? ;-) I certainly do. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: T-Shirts

The fix for that, of course, is a left breast pocket area Lugnet logo on the front, and a large one on the back ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) I'm no tax expert, let alone a lawyer. But I'm not sure that Lugnet would fit under the 501(c)(3) definition -- a "charitable, educational, religious, literary, or scientific". And given that words in legalese don't mean what they mean in (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: T-Shirts

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:HtpKrx.867@lugnet.com... (...) went (...) I (...) Hmm, and I prefer designs on the front instead of the back... Ideally, both styles would be available. Things I like about the big (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) This is intriguing. Not to go too far off-topic, but would turning LUGNET non-profit make our donations (at least for those of us in the United States) in the future tax-deductible? Because if so, that's very, very cool. I'm not sure where the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: T-Shirts

"Jim Green" <brickhead@RemoveThi...kitty.com> wrote in message news:HtnnCL.qHy@lugnet.com... (...) couple (...) last two (...) (except (...) Should you ever do a run of these again please put the big LUGNET logo on the back instead of on the front. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Donation sent...... Thanx Todd and keep the momentum going! Mark & Milissa Millere (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Yes, you are not alone. I would realy love to have a couple myself. (URL) goto-lab> (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Hi Todd, I also made a small contribution and hope this all will get the new server up and running. Thanks and with kind regards from the Netherlands, DP #1511 Dirk Peter Bakker Bricks 4 Sale (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET T-Shirts

Wow, lots of interest in the shirts! :-) Okay here's the low down... These are the T-shirts you may have seen at the DC Brickfests. They are silk-screened Beefy-T's, a 6-color print of the LUGNET logo (to Suzanne's exacting standards) on both black (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

In lugnet.admin.finance, Todd Lehman wrote: < We plan to revisit LUGNET's policy on the use of the (...) I am all for that. I like the idea of maybe a liscense fee or a charge per different item sold. I know this is hard to track but I think it (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Where could we purchase those? I'd love one or two black large if possible, and I'm sure I'm not alone. -- Jan-Albert van Ree (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) How do I buy one? I'd love a black LUGNet shirt, as my Cafe Press version is well past "tatty." James Wilson #1783 (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

Suzanne may have already responded, but just in case: We still have a couple boxes of the screen-printed LUGNET T-shirts that we were hocking at the last two DC Brickfests. Both black and tan are available in a variety of sizes (except X-X-X). (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

Dawn Sullivan wrote in message ... (...) this. Lions Gate Models will join in too - 10% of all sales (parts, instruction CDs and custom kits) until March 1st inclusive will go to LUGNET. That includes my Bricklink store: (URL) my Lions Gate Models (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Please do! A helpful policy would allow for project submittal/approval detailing: Logo usage (shirts, mousepads, etc.) Effectivity dates (2004, perpituity, etc.) Exclusivity (how many licensees for each product type) Profit sharing (how much (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) All of my LUGNET shirts from Cafepress have faded poorly. The entire heat transfer area is brownish... looks bad on a white T. -Rob. (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

In lugnet.admin.finance, Dawn Sullivan wrote: Just wanted to say thank you to all the buyers and sellers who have gotten this off to such a great start. Also, I'd like to point out that the other following shops have also pledged a portion of their (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Lugnet Server funds drive

I will also jump in on this, however I do need to limit it to "anything but sets". Since my shop has few sets, the vast majority are parts, and I haven't sold but a half dozen sets in the last 2 months, it shouldn't make a dent on the Lugnet (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Yes, well I usually only print on premium-weight (6.1 OZ) 100% Cotton shirts (unless otherwise directed). I also differ from CafePress in that I actually screenprint, whereas CafePress utilizes a heat-transferred process. All things being (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Ya, I think the future holds public disclosure of this sort of thing, especially if we turn LUGNET into a Non-Profit Organization. (...) In a perfect world, it certainly could, as you say in the short term. The monkey wrench, however, is that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Responsibly, I mean. Of course! (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Don't you worry; I'm plotting to spend it all. (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) And perhaps which would be of higher-quality than CafePress? ("Anything you want, as long as it involves faded colors on a low-quality white shirt!") (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Mr. Gower cables you need cash. Stop. My office instructed to advance you up to twenty-five dollars. Stop. Hee-haw and Merry Christmas. -Sam Wainwright Here's to Todd Lehman, the richest man in town. (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) (I wish I could reply to everyone personally with thanks, but haven't the time to do that and have to get to bed ASAP because I have to be in at work tomorrow at 5:30am. Replying to Ben here in particular because, well, WOW.) Ben, thank you so (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

In lugnet.admin.finance, Todd Lehman wrote: John Neal approached us in (...) :-) I would love to help out in any way I can. It was always my intention of printing LEGO-related T-shirts when I set up my Brickbay store ("Brickwear";-) anyway, but I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) That's awesome, Kevin! I'm actually pretty set on colo in Boston, though, at least for the next twelve months. If it outgrows that, setting up another production server for redundancy in another city would certainly make sense rather than a (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Ya, I was talking theoretically about John Neal... I mentioned to Suz that I think John Neal (for example) should be able to print up LUGNET t-shirts if he wants to (he did such a great job on those Schleim t-shirts! :)... We plan to revisit (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Hi Todd, Please accept my humble contribution and let me thank you for all your efforts on behalf of thid comunity. Keep up the good work! Best regards, Paulo Renato (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

I just sent U$S10 via paypal, I hope you got it and it helps. Thank you for your work and efforts. Nicolas (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) I may be able to help with the colo aspect. I just moved Brickshelf to a new ISP, and I still have some rack space left. Its at Equinix in Ashburn, VA which has some of the most abundant and lowest cost bandwidth anywhere. Rack space however (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Lugnet Server funds drive

Count Milton Train Works in! Same offer, all new orders placed between now and 1 March will have 10% taken off the top and given to LUGNET. That includes parts, sets and custom Milton Train Works sets, so there's lots to choose from. (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A Brick Apart Now Hiring

(...) Will pack if you deliver ;-) -Tim (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  A Brick Apart Now Hiring

Ok, fund drive's off to a great start. Can someone tell me how that post got spotlighted? Todd? What time can I expect you here to help pack orders? :P e, after dinner can you bring Rizmit and Jama over to help? Remember, you still owe me. ;) (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) I've sent a small contribution but I see the exchange rate at the moment certainly helps. Running the whole of LUGNET on a Celeron 900 - that's outrageous! Simon Denscombe LUGNET Member 93 (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Please accept my small donation along with my utmost apprecation... Ken (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

(...) Straa-Vald Parts are in on this deal. 10% of all orders placed from now till March 1st 2004 (inclusive) will be forwarded to Lugnet on March the 2nd. Fortunately we also run our Spring Cleaning Sale now with good discounts on lots of parts. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

(...) I Ordered! lol --Jeff (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) I hope my little donation will help you with the new server. Mark "keep up the GoodWork" de Kock (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

(...) Cool!! Thanks Greg. :) Since you're joining in, I'll add your last purchase to the total. I do now have green technic 1x6s and 1x12s I'm adding from my PaB spree yesterday. Sorry, no sign of 1x8s yet but I'll let you know if they turn up in (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

WOW, what a cool idea Dawn!!! Same offer applies in my store too. I don't have the selection Dawn does but do have some good stuff at excellent prices. In fact, the next order I receive, 100% of the order total will be sent to Lugnet! (URL) support (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

With permission from Todd, I will be donating 10% of all sales from today through March 1st to the Lugnet Fund Drive for Servers. All orders, no matter how small qualify and all proceeds will go directly to Lugnet on March 2nd. I welcome all other (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping) !!

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Done! Keep up the good work. Paul (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Please accept $250.00 from Big Ben Bricks LLC. Big Ben Bricks LLC would not be where it is today without the support of LUGNET and many of it's members. I encourage others with LEGO related ventures, who use LUGNET to promote their products, to do (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX) !!

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Hey, folks, look at it this way: it's less calories than Girl Scout cookies! And the satisfaction lasts a lot longer! Funds sent, James Wilson #1783 (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Kwyjibo? (: (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Yeah!! Way to go, Scott! Thank you. :-) (...) Yes, I think that'll be re-visited now. -Suz (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Yes Sir! :-) Woo! Thanks for your nice words. I'm glad you brought this up. Todd and I were just talking about T-shirts day-before-yesterday. He may have just set something up with another guy. We'll find out! Taking people up on offers like (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

I have just added a small amount to your "fund drive". I was happy to make a donation, but I expect I'd be happier if LUNGET published accounts. That way we could all see what the future holds... (...) Novice question: could the old box not work as (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

Money has been sent! Best of luck in aquiring the new hardware! I am sure that you will not have any problems, as LUGNET is well worth the money. Atleast it is to me, hopefully everyone else who is able to will step up and help out. I am excited by (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) I too hope I am not stepping on anyones toes but... I have a brother who does silk screened tshirt (www.gridlock.com). I could twist his arm and get him to do the shirts at very little (or no expected) cost to lugnet. I hope I can help. I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

(...) Thanks Todd and all the LUGNET’s out there. I put my 2 cents forth to the fund (ok a little more). Happy Lego David Bail #154 (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  w00t! Fund Drive for LUGNET Servers

We appreciated your patience during the downtime today Thank you for bearing an unusually long downtime today. We certainly weren't expecting a 9-hour outage simply for the replacement of a disk. You may have noticed on the LUGNET homepage during (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) Jeremy, I did see the earlier post, but then only had time to mark it as 'something to look into later.' I do appreciate the suggestions very much. Ironically, while pouring coffee this morning (into a LUGNET mug), I thought (for the umpteenth (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: T-Shirts

I sure hope that with no response or personal emails posted that this was taken into consideration, but I feel that it may not have been seen. Therefore, hoping I am not stepping on anyone's toes, I am reposting this. I hope this very logical idea (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: T-Shirts

THIS T-SHIRT THING IS A CRIME! From the sales page: "$13.99 of the price ($16.99 on the oversize shirts) of each shirt goes to CafePress.com to cover their costs and the remainder helps support LUGNET. " I am sorry, but you guys are crazy! CafePress (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: T-Shirts

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  T-Shirts

Hello. I've wanted to show my lugnet pride recently, and I was wondering if you were selling T-shirts, for those of us who weren't able to go to Brickfest. Thanks, ~Evan Butzlaff (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!

<snip> (...) Hm....they just released (or are about to) the second "My Own Creation" series...Wouldn't it be cool if the "Lugnet" brand appeared on the third MOC series? (just a meandering and wandering thought...) Scott (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!

(...) Looking into this now. -Suz (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!

(...) Indeed. that's what I want too. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed in those available at cafepress. The images come out sharp enough, and the mugs are okay, but the color is all wishy-washy. CP would otherwise be our quick and easy solution. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!

(...) Coffee Mug, large, LUGNET. Nuff said. -Rob. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!

(...) Me too! I bought one each of Suz's shirts at BF and I'd buy patches too. But I still think that a LUGNET branded LEGO set would be a real money maker. Ideally it would be made by LEGO, but it wouldn't have to be. It could be a more (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Wal-Mart commission

(...) Cool! There's rumours we'll be getting WM in Aus, I wonder if the commission will apply to international markets? ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: TooMuchDew's Smart Shopper Report #1 - KBToys.com

(...) Oh I know! totally. That was my fav part too. Unfortunately, right now, where the price data doesn't get scraped it enters "?", and displays like that's the best deal in the universe. We need to figure out why it sometimes doesn't scrape the (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Wal-Mart commission

Cool, I just got mail from WM. Effect on June 11, 2002 commissions on toys increase from 5% to 7%. Not that I expect we'll make a bundle of cash this way, but I thought it was interesting to see a place increase rather than decrease. -Suz (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: TooMuchDew's Smart Shopper Report #1 - KBToys.com

(...) Waah! You took away the list of "best deals"! Please put that back ASAP. That was the only feature of the "shop" section that I found useful. Sorting by set number is pointless. Sorting by %-off or $-saved is what really matters. --Bill. (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Sales and Auctions

Hey Y'all: Idea Number One: My weakest recommendation is that an honor system be set up on the marketplace pages, and that any seller obtaining a sale from a contact made on Lugnet pay a small percentage of that sale to Lugnet. Obviously such (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: The LUGNET Credit Card

(...) I'm not sure what those affiliation cards yield, and how many potential users you need to get one (it may not be that many people actually, though I bet the yield is better the more people you have). If you got the big spenders sold, and you (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: The LUGNET Credit Card

(jumps up and down waving like a crazy person) me me me me !! -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GwF2Mx.9Hw@lugnet.com... (...) used (...) credit (...) displaying (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  The LUGNET Credit Card

One possible source of income (though probably minute) that Todd and I used to imagine was making available LUGNET VISA cards. It'd be a regular credit card with LUGNET graphics on it and a tiny portion of spending would come back to us. We kinda (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) I just tried making some PayPal donate buttons, and it was darn easy. No HTML was required, so I can put them in sidebars. see: (URL) thinking about what I could make for a custom button... and whether or not I'd splam it on the whole site... (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) ... (...) ... Larry's right, the fee is pretty steep for a dollar donation. However, for a dollar donation, Amazon is better than PayPal. Here's Amazon's Honor System fee schedule: https://s1.amazon.co...ystem-fees Amazon's cut is 15% plus (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) I thought they take a pretty significant fee out, to where if someone gives you a buck you don't end up with much at all... (?? could be misremembering) Thus making Paypal better from a net receipt perspective. (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) use (...) This is good to know. Anytime I can help out Lugnet I am glad to do so, as are many other Lugnet users I expect. Suggestion: List all of the Affiliate Partners on the main .admin.finance page for easy reference and ease-of-use. (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) We had something like this that went to PayPal. (Not sure what happened to that). Amazon actually contacted us about their honor system program before its release. We looked over their documents and decided it wasn't better enough to warrent a (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) Oh yes! Amazon referrals earn LUGNET 5-15 percent. To make any purchase at amazon into a referral, just go to the product's page, and edit the URL before putting the item in your shopping basket. Edit by inserting the word 'lugnet' after the (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance) !

  Re: Amazon honor system

(...) Sounds good to me... I have an old link for a Lugnet referral to Amazon.com but I haven't bothered to use it the last few times I ordered from Amazon. I never found out if it was revenue-generating for Lugnet. If it is, I will gladly use it (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Amazon honor system

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but LUGNET could choose to more aggressively solicit donations easily and inexpensively using Amazon.com's "Honor System" program. I ran into this today on this site (which is the best I've seen for (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: LEGO Partyware

This is totally shameless, I know, but.. I signed LUGNET up as an affiliate to a retailer who carries this stuff. We earn 20% of all sales. I've put the link on Baseplate for now. To warn you, they insist on using a cookie: (URL) ...let's think of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.party, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: affiliate programs

(...) Suz- I buy lego online whenever there is a worthy sale, appx. thrice a year. I will use affiliate links every time once it is set up. I'm sure I am speaking for many. Good luck and thanks for all the work put into Lugnet by you and Todd. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: affiliate programs

(...) You forgot Costco on that list. The Costco (misspelled "CostCo") information is woefully out of date, and should probably be removed. I don't think Costco is still offering any LEGO sets. They sold out soon after being listed on the Brickwise (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: affiliate programs

(...) Thank you for doing all of the work on this, Suz. If any of these affiliate agreements are revenue-generating for Lugnet, please make it easy to locate and use the correct link-ins. Somewhere I have a bookmark for an Amazon.com Lugnet referral (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  affiliate programs

FYI, and welcoming comments... I'm hoping to get the LUGNET Shopping Guide working again. We now have affiliate partnerships with these, and a few other, sellers of LEGO online: e-Toys K-B-Toys Amazon / Toys'R'Us K-Mart / Bluelight Wal-Mart (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) This might get into policing issues, if some vendors try dominate the newsheaders area by flooding their group with announcements. But it should be easy to set up automated watchdogging. Have a proggy watch the vendor groups, and alert you (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: LUGNET monetization ideas (was new newsgroup)

(...) The bandwidth and server co-location actually aren't all that expensive, because we serve mostly HTML pages rather than tons of large images. It's the human time that's the main factor. (...) There aren't any scripts that display the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <snip> (...) Make sure you have a clause that you can refuse to provide the service for anyone for any reason. A kind of CYA statement, so if things were to get out of control you can get rid of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

LUGNET Admin wrote in message ... (...) I think it would be up to the advertiser to be clear about what (s)he's selling in a specific store ad, in my case kits vs parts. As a visitor, I'd be peeved if what I reach by clicking on the ad doesn't match (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) gray spaces in boxes would be other ads. their content is omitted for brevity. same with the store names as authors after message healines. Only two stores have been indicated. Those time stamps are intentional however, to show that the two (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) I think 6 months is a bit extreme, especially to start with. I would suggest 1 month as a minimum, but you can buy longer time periods for a slightly better price. Perhaps a listing fee plus a monthly fee, so that a multi-month ad ends up (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) In a typical 'marketplace' advertising situation, adspace can be taken out by just about anyone, but bigger operations are encouraged to take out more prestegious and higher quality advertising space (more expensive) throughout editorial the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

Jude Beaudin wrote in message ... (...) website (...) for (...) Yes, I'd like them to be treated as 2 separate stores, but I'm more interested in getting the issue thought about and decided beforehand, rather than having it come up once this has (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact