 Administrative / Financial / 92
Re: Amazon honor system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 03:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Cary Clark writes:
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but LUGNET could
choose to more aggressively solicit donations easily and inexpensively
using Amazon.com's "Honor System" program.

We had something like this that went to PayPal. (Not sure what happened to
that). Amazon actually contacted us about their honor system program before
its release. We looked over their documents and decided it wasn't better
enough to warrent a cookie issue. I'd have to ask Todd more about that
decision, as I can't remember completely.

this site (which is the best I've seen for solving crosswords)
http://www.oneacross.com

[gasp] that's cheating!

You can read about the Honor System here:
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/subst/fx/help/how-we-know.html/103-
9755630-0115057

And here is an independent assessment by Wired of the privacy
concerns: http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,41660,00.html

Cool, thanks for the links and the suggestion.
I'll look into their program again and will mention it to Todd.

-Suz