 Administrative / Financial / 153
Re: T-Shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:30:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.finance, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
   I’m glad you brought this up. Todd and I were just talking about T-shirts day-before-yesterday. He may have just set something up with another guy. We’ll find out!

Ya, I was talking theoretically about John Neal... I mentioned to Suz that I think John Neal (for example) should be able to print up LUGNET t-shirts if he wants to (he did such a great job on those Schleim t-shirts! :)... We plan to revisit LUGNET’s policy on the use of the LUGNET logo so that it doesn’t scare people away who have ideas about using it in ways that benefit the community. John Neal approached us in 1999 about it and I think I scared him away accidentally at the time.

--Todd

Please do! A helpful policy would allow for project submittal/approval detailing:
  • Logo usage (shirts, mousepads, etc.)
  • Effectivity dates (2004, perpituity, etc.)
  • Exclusivity (how many licensees for each product type)
  • Profit sharing (how much goes back to LUGNET)
and most importantly,
  • quality standards (color matching, who should review first piece and sign off).
-Rob.