  *81039 (-100)
  Re: Does the rock raiders game run under NT 4.0?

(...) 'fraid not: (URL) Windows 95/98 only. It was hard to find that though - you have to click on "help" then "rockraiders".. it would be nicer to link the requirements from the main game page! Richard (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground)

  Re: FS: Train Parts, Most 30% off!

Are these in S@H packs, or have you split a actual set? Scott A (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) The F-14 can be seen at (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) control (...) Ohhh yeah! Says Mustang to me! You really should be more careful when moving your creations :-) (...) and (...) Did somebody say "Tomcat?" Where Will (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gelukt!

(...) Mijn member ID zal wel in de 10x regio gaan liggen, denk ik. Als larry tenminste een beetje opschiet ;) Jasper (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: First German Lego Train Club (FGLTC) foundet!

Hallo Ben, posted Eure Ankündigung doch auch in die lugnet/local/de group. Dann werden auch andere deutsche Fans aufmerksam, die nicht umbedingt lugnet/trains lesen (so wie ich ;) Jetzt schau ich erstmal auf Eurer Seite vorbei... Grüße vom Space-Dö (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jonathan Knudsens LEGO Mindstorms bog

(...) Jeg fik bogen "Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms" i går (onsdag), så det ser ud til at bokus har denne bog på lager. Den er copyright registreret til år 2000 så jeg vil tro den var planlagt til at udkomme senere. Jeg kiggede den (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.se)

  First German Lego Train Club (FGLTC) foundet!

Hi all! The "Brunswick Three" Torsten Wernecke, Jan Weychardt and me, Ben, have foundet Germany's first Lego train club (FGLTC). We are in preparations of our next (fourth) train event, which will take place in Brunswick in the last days of this (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Why don't we all get ourselves to .off-topic.debate, and talk about a nice uncontroversial subject like gun control, or mormons, or email spam, or something? Jasper (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) We've heard of it here (.nl) as well.. but really, it's not banned. It's just not pop music. I mean, really.. Playlist: Metallica, _Unforgiven II_, Cliff Richard, _The Our Father to the tune of Auld Lang Syne[1]_, Marilyn manson, _Kill Them (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Quite. But you do learn to live with it. As someone once said "Instant Access, Instant Idiot". (...) I wasn't feeling very forgiving at the time I wrote that[3], so that probably led to me seeing things that weren't intended. (...) Yup. That's (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

In the lego site: (URL) they write: ---...--- Name: Exploration Mars Product Number: 9736 Exploration Mars is an expansion set to the Robotics Invention System, which allows you to build robotic Rovers and equipment for a Mars Expedition. Includes (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) Sure. That song was the first one of hers I ever heard, playing in a record store. I stood there and listened to it and wound up buying the CD after it was done. BTW, the other option for the Highwayman hat would be the tricorns from the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the 9 Volt battery in the tower. You don't mention the green light in the tower. Is it changing brightness while you are downloading? It should be a steady light. I cannot find the name of the firmware (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Does the rock raiders game run under NT 4.0?

Does the rock raiders game run under NT 4.0? I can find no "system requirements" at www.lego.com Scott A (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

That is a masterpiece! I think you have used every mechanical element in Technic. I especially like the way you documented the model. I like to see Lego that is functional and you sure know how to do that. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?

(...) Has it really risen that much in 18 months? That is incredible. Scott A (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) It was my understanding that the video camera and the Exploration Mars pack were to be sold separately. However, the image linked above clearly (IMHO) shows a videocamera in front of the rover. The big brick in question (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Extra Endor Lukes

Having just purchased two more speeder bike sets today (for a total of $12.73; I love K-Mart), I find that I now have approximately 15,000 Luke minifigs. Since I can't think of any good use to put two _more_ Endor Lukes (the idea of having a massive (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) Woah that's a really nice model! The working features are just stunning. I am envious of people that can fit motors, gears, etc. inside the constricting body/frame of whatever they're building. The accident pictures were hilarious too! I guess (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nuovo iscritto ItLUG

Gabriele Bellumori <bellumor@dada.it> wrote in message news:FMGy1y.1Mq@lugnet.com... (...) Speriamo che il tuo negoziante non li abbia già venduti tutti..... ;-) -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit

(...) I think you get a free upgrade only if you bought the RIS recently. I contacted S@H in mid-November after buying the RIS in mid-October for my upgrade and I got if for free. Otherwise you might have to pay for it... Bryan (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Nuovo iscritto ItLUG

(...) Questo e' gia il secondo :-) A parte scherzi molto piacere di conoscere te e tutti gli altri. Scusate se mi sono fatto troppo attendere, ma ho preferito ri-registrarmi con il mio nome in real life invece che con il solito nick k00l ;-) Per il (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  LEGOfest: sets for trade

After a quick bit of digging last night, I've found the following which I'll bring along to Tony's place: 1 x 600 Ambulance (with box) 1 x 603 Vintage Car (with squashed box) 1 x 604 Excavator (with box) 1 x 605 Taxi 1 x 608 Kiosk (wrong baseplate) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: LNP collision detection Bug found and fixed

(...) It shouldn't matter if it does. More likely, it seems to me, is that TX_COLL is defined like this: #define TX_COLL -1 in which case, the offending statement becomes: tx_state=-1; which is old-style for: tx_state-=1; (should generate a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  List problems?

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

Hy guys, Like Mario wrote, I think it comes out on this, -which group in Europe is able to make it happen. -which country should we choose -when -someone mentioned the opening of the LEGO park in Germany -how long should it be 1 or 2 days -many more (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: Nuovo iscritto ItLUG

n lugnet.loc.it, Mario Ferrari writes: Ciao a tutti. (...) Presente, sono io. Premetto che devo ancora comprarmi il mindstorm v1.5 quindi sono qui per iniziare ad imparare, (sara' questione di ore e poi anch'io avro' la scatola magica), sono qui (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Agreed, so we're still waiting for the first slap? It probably isn't a perfect analogy, it wasn't meant to be - the original point was that silence isn't always evidence. (...) Agreed, I don't think what Huw did was more wrong than that. What (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: rotation sensors in legOS 0.2.2

(...) Hi Michael, i also tried the new sensor code and it seems to work for me. I noticed the rotation sensor to stop working properly with nearly exhausted batteries, but i think that's a minor issue, maybe it's not legOS specific. (...) well, most (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Recension: 3040: Husask

Tobias Möller skrev... (...) Det är väl lite av idén med Basic, att man ska hitta på själv och inte vara styrd av instruktioner. Jag köpte själv ett par av de beryktade Blue Bulk Tubs med 1200 bitar i varje. Ett rejält tillskott i min bitsamling, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) By the same token, I could ask you to prove that they aren't secret. But with the limited information that we have that would be fruitless. We are in .debate, so I see nothing wrong with trying to discuss this intelligently. My view is that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Paging Mathew Miller

Hi, Sorry to spam the list like this, but I am looking for Mathew Miller, because I would like to get permission to use his pictures of my lego car taken at Mindfest in my website. Thanks in advance! In the meantime, to make it list-worthy, you can (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Lego 40% off at K-mart

(...) Just to be way too pedantic, the ad on Lego does say 50% off the _regular price_ on the second set. This would still be 35% off, average, and our computer system probably can't handle that fine of a distinction. (Or the people who enter the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Human Mood Dection (Through Voice)

That sounds interesting, but I don't think it would be practical to make. I think there is a lot of processing power required to interpret the stress in ones voice. The software/hardware lie detectors that I have seen nust have a way to know what is (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Human Mood Dection (Through Voice)

About 10-15 years ago or so, Popular Electronics (I think) had an article about a human voice micro-tremor analyzer. The distribution/transform of any utterance was alleged to be indicative of a person's mood and/or honesty. It was said to work even (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  FIRST and FLL

I am involved with FIRST and FLL (FIRST Lego League) here in southern MI. We use our FIRST team as mentors for our FLL teams (currently we have 9 teams througthout the ISD). I am going to talk to the kids about using CAD to model their Lego robots (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: tuttitubi????

(...) affascinante, (...) Tuttavia, (...) sta (...) Io, al contrario di Carlo, costruisco in gran parte senza seguire le istruzioni. Molti dei kit che possiedo non sono neanche mai stati montati :-) Per questa ragione sono più vicino alla posizione (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FMG645.9Ct@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) Oh, Please...No more stretches OK? It's not that sort of evidence, even there is not just a bit of similarity. If your brother would have (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is a set, philosophically

(...) In my, personal, opinion I own a set if I have the pieces for it, without the same pieces being used for other sets. If I have bought, say set number 1 and set number 2, and with ttheir combined pieces, then either I own set 1 and set 2 OR I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Considering parting out 2 4561s

Not to discourage you or anything, but you might want to know that this is already being done by Dwayne Towell, and I believe he purchased something like 10 sets. See his auctions here: (URL) if you scroll down in this newsgroup, you'll find a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RUSH TO SOLOMON POND MALL, MA

Hey!!!!!! 20-25% off on all Lego. Learning Smith at Solomon Pond Mall is going out of busineess. Sad!! BUT!!! They are selling Lego.. (everything) at atleast 20% off. I saw RIS, Scout and other Mindstorms in a high volume pile up in the store. If (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: External Power Port Problem..?

Try a PTC (positive temperature coefficient) fuse for current limiting. They are available world wide through Digi-key, and I suspect Radio Shack will have a limited selection. They are available in SMT or through hole, so they'd be easy to fit in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  Money saving news...hurry

Friends, I am very happy to tell you that you can get all the Lego MindStorms at a amzing discount of 20%. Hurry. This is at Learning Smith. In Solomon Pond Mall. Massachusets. It is located on Route 290 in Berlin. The store telephone number is (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gelukt!

Mijn member ID nummer is 101 Met veel dank aan Dave voor het verzenden van het geld naar de VS Sybrand Bonsma (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) In Norway, we always open the presents after the Christmas dinner on the 24th of December, typically around 18-20. (That's 6-8pm.) We normally have to wait until the dishes are done, too, but I have a feeling that this is done to have the kids (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Implementing Finite State Machines

Hi all! I have been struggling with a fairly large FSM implementation in NQC and came to realize that maybe most of the more advanced NQC applications might be actually FSMs (or could become)... Because I think it is a little awkward to handle a FSM (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Exploration Mars Availalble?

Hmmm... there are two entirely different pictures in the catalog. One shows a vehicle with large linked threads. The other shows a base station and a rover with 6 wheels. That picture has all kinds of extra parts - the yellow worm gear boxes on the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Exploration Mars Availalble?

Looks like there will be two sets. From the list of 2000 sets (available at lugnet.accounce, or go to (URL) then Announcements): 3801 ULTIMATE ACCESSORIES 9731 5702012002922 LEGO CAM 9735 5702012004582 ROBOTICS DISCOVERY SET (New for this part of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Space Shuttle Set for Sale at ZanyBrainy!

For all of you who are looking for spare parts, the generally thought of BEST lego set for additional technic parts (as well as a REALLY cool set) is 8480 (the Technic Space Shuttle) ZanyBrainy has that on sale from Dec 5 to the 11th for 50% off!!! (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

Wow! that looks like a really cool set. Lander, Rover and tank treads! KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

I finally threw together my own Lego MindStorms site. www.wordsmithdigital...indstorms/ On it ((URL) is a scan and detailed description of my (at last) finally-successful implementation of a rack-and-pinion type of steering mechanism that will allow (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  Re: Exploration Mars Available?

I've done some editing (zooming and brightening) on the Lego-supplied photo. Results/speculation are at (URL) Wilcox WordSmith Digital Document Services 403 VFW Drive Rockland, MA 02370 781-871-6162 fax 781-871-6264 (URL) 24868783 - Web design (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  Re: You are not authorized to view this page

big system failure has occurred. following is msg from our sys admins. fred as i'm sure you all have noticed, our most critial file server hub.media.mit.edu is having major problems. we are looking into it but do not currently have an estimate of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  NQC 2.1 in beta test (Scout support, fast firmware)

NQC 2.1 b1 is available at (URL) two "big" features are fast firmware downloading (4x speed) and preliminary support for the Scout. Emphasis on "preliminary". It is enough to do some basic NQC stuff on the Scout, but most of the nifty Scout features (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

I've done some editing (zooming and brightening) on the Lego-supplied photo. Results/speculation are at (URL) Wilcox WordSmith Digital Document Services 403 VFW Drive Rockland, MA 02370 781-871-6162 fax 781-871-6264 (URL) 24868783 - Web design (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  rotation sensors in legOS 0.2.2

Has anyone out there successfully had a rotation sensor running in legOS 0.2.2 I have had a quick look through the last few posts I could find on lugnet and we have recompiled legOS to include the updated dsensor.c and dsensor.h code found on the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegAuz

(...) Quick!! Let's build a big LEGO wall around Australia to keep him out!! Stop him from posting to our group. Nasty, eavesdropping, opinionated meanie!!! ;-) Welcome to "Australia", Todd (...) Todd does raise an interesting point. We should chose (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: 4561 sale at kbkids

Well, after just ordering one from KB last night, I ordered one from Toysmart after seeing this post. Mine totalled to $72.79 - there was no shipping, no tax, and 30% off the $103.98 sale price. CRUD, I KNEW this was going to happen - I promised (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Has anyone even SEEN bucket 4285? Tub 4291? In the US?

The Lego website has shown a smaller BASIC bucket, 4285, for months and months. They put it on the site at the same time that they put info about the 4288 up. 4288 is available everywhere I look, but I have YET to find 4285. Has anyone seen one yet? (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Technic Space Shuttle on sale at Zany Brainy

Hi all. I was just going through my Sunday L.A. Times, and found a flyer from Zany Brainy. They're selling the Space Shuttle kit for $74.99. (And all you guys better stay away from the store down the street from me until I get mine! :-) d. (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

Well, the other side of the coin is that YOU, and ONLY you, knew the full details of what they did/did not say was OK. All we have to go on is the Fair Use Policy posted on lego.com. We (the unwashed <g>) won't know any better unless the Policy is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit

(...) Is this a free upgrade only if you bought your RIS set recently? Or is it this price to everyone in Canada? <ICS> (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  just checking... did the server die?

haven't received anything from the lego listserv group in a few days and I just am checking... did the server crash? cc to Dave Baum : 'cause he is Mr. Legos Robotics :) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

(...) Well, from the press release below, it seems like they're talking about a digital (mid-res?) *photo* cam, not a video cam. (...) ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Whoops, darn it, I did it again. I meant this message, (URL) #2743. Sorry. --Todd (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) (Just re-reading what I just wrote) Bad wording -- I didn't mean that to sound like a back-handed slap. And I don't mean to demean educated guesses. I just meant that maybe the tone of this message, (URL) a bit strong, given the known facts. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Inasmuch as I dislike "tooting the horn," I also try not to keep important things like that secret, assuming I am able to say one way or the other. In October of 1997, for example, I did mention that Suzanne and I had had a meeting with two (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) As much as this thread has stirred up some strong feelings (no real anger on my part - hope there isn't on most other peoples') this made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Pssst, hurry up... while they're still quiet. Bring up the cans and the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Right, not much. And as much as I trust Todd, and I do, I don't accept his opinion as gospel truth about all things related to how TLC/G feels about all issues. Certainly not based on the few haizy references I've seen to "private" (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOZ 2000

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Is that leg-o-s or le-go-o-s? I pronounce it "oss", as in Beos, or "floss". So it's Leg-oss. And LegOz has a hard zed sound, while legos is pronounced more like leg-oes. Your pronunciation may vary, as may your (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Well, if he's wrong then say so. I distinctly remember Kevin on numerous occasions mentioning something to the extent of "well, the less attention we make TLG pay to the scans site the better" - basically, like in the case of the loser selling (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) You call them company secrets. Company secrets that are so important that they're stored in catalogs that many retailers leave on the shelf for customers to see. The thought that, 2 weeks before these hit the shelves (or 2 months, or whatever) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up

(...) Yeah, I'd like to see some of your vaunted creations! :) Always the dilemma...build or sort? Build or sort? Build or sort... Incidentally, I went out and popped $20 on a tripod. It does make a WORLD of difference--I'm still not bowled over by (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

OK, let me clarify - at NO time publicly has TLC stated anything about Brickshelf, and Kevin has repeatedly mentioned he hasn't heard from TLC. Yet by Richard's Holy Rule, since TLC has said nothing about posting instruction scans, and posting them (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Star Wars sets up for auction--including subsets of 7171 Mos Espa Podrace

Hey all, As promised, my Star Wars lots have gone up on eBay: Gasgano's Podracer from 7171: (URL) at: $26.00 Sebulba's Podracer from 7171: (URL) at: $36.00 Anakin's Podracer from 7171: (URL) at: $9.00 Snowspeeder 7130: (URL) at: $12.00 X-Wing 7140: (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Velux set 1854 available!

What's scary is that they ran out so fast. They limited me to 3, I wonder if they had <gasp!> 3 left? Anyways, I hope they get more soon. I hope they also realize to order MANY, as I want another 7-17 of them, and I'm sure there are many others that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buying to Sell to Buy

I try to do this but, I find that I am a better buyer than seller. Sometimes it is to hard to let them go. Dan Richard Schuit wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) You sound pretty sure of that. --Todd (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang

(...) Where can I see this f14? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  My thoughts on Dino Island

Well fellow Adventurers I have had some time (finally) to pour over the Dino Island scans. By the way if any one still needs them I have them. I must have sent out 40 emails since the brew-ha-ha over Huw's initial post! Glad to see there is some (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up

Well, I thought I was all settled on a Mavica, then I stopped in Service Merchandise today. They actually had cameras in stock, and in addition to the Mavica had an Olympus D-450ZOOM 1280x960 w/3x optical zoom. So far, looks like a nice camera. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) You don't? OK, we'd better shut down Brickshelf and Lugnet. RIGHT NOW. Because Richard says that since TLC hasn't told us not to, it's NOT OK, so all of Kevin/Todd's scans have to go. Take them down. Richard says so. If you can't see the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Sneak Preview of my train creations

I was just trying out my new toy, an Olympus D-450ZOOM digital camera, and got some quick pictures of my train creations. I will be putting together a web page tomorrow (well later today), but until then, just point your browser to: (URL) pictures (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Your Resumes

(...) True, and you don't have to answer it. However, it gives a good look at your drive and personality. You may be the perfect technical person for a job, but if you are a PITA that can't get along with anyone, you aren't much use to a company. Or (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Your Resumes

(...) Maybe in your area. In Sillycon Valley, a SHORT Interests section gets you noticed. Most companies here want to know if you are a fit technically AND psychologically. (...) Again, not in Sillycon Valley - all I ever get is people in shock, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  FA: 8485 Technic Control Center CLOSING in less than 24 hours

NEW in box 8485 Technic control center (URL) for looking. hwiguna@yahoo.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?

(...) True, true. But Mike is possibly shutting down BRICKS for a little while (URL) giving Yahoo another shot. It's interesting that for the Lego listings they have it categorized as "Lego" and "Star Wars Sets" or "All". Julie (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Oh? - PROVE IT! Quit shoving it down our throats as gospel, and PROVE IT. SHOW us the documents proving these are "secret". Are they limited production/circulation? Yes. Secret? PROVE IT. (...) Um, when did ANYTHING BUT the pics ever creep (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Shell Sets Now Available

(...) I particularly like the Shell Select Shop set. It contains yellow bananas, a green apple and a red and brown iceblock! Grahame (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.nz)

  Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?

(...) Why, Mike Stanley's "BRICKS" and Derick Bulkley's "Serious Collector", of course! These places do auctions right, IMHO... --Todd (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: I´d like to see some house designs

I have built a few houses with interesting roofs that fit on one baseplate. Of course, no documentation to date. If want an interesting looking house, then the roof is the key! I build all walls 1x, planning on doing exterior walls 2x in the future. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Classic Castle Minifigs

If anyone has extra classic castle minifigs (Yellow Castle/Knights Tournament/ Knights Procession era) to sell, please let me know. If you want specifics, click on the links below to see Fibblesnork pics of the guys I want: (URL) you have any of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?

I hate to say this (mostly because I've been around long enough to know what a lot of people here think about e-bay), but I just continue to be mesmerized by E-bay as a *seller*. Granted, it's frustrating as a buyer, but as a seller, what else could (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Your Resumes

No, though I probably will next time I'm hunting for a job. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I personally couldn't give a DAMN about the # of hits to my site, as my site already occasionally hits the limit, and I can't afford more bandwidth right now. I wanted (and got) the scans for my own personal use, to peruse and plan what sets (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact