 General / 11577
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:31:24 GMT

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:19:24 GMT, "Lawrence Wilkes"
<lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote:

as Sir Cliff Richard has found, the best way to get to number one in the
charts is to get your record banned (sorry only the brits will understand)

We've heard of it here (.nl) as well.. but really, it's not banned.
It's just not pop music. I mean, really.. Playlist: Metallica,
_Unforgiven II_, Cliff Richard, _The Our Father to the tune of Auld
Lang Syne[1]_, Marilyn manson, _Kill Them All And Let God Sort Them
Out[2]_. How likely is that?

I think it'd even be out of place among Amy Grant and the like.

Jasper

[1] To give a quick description for listeners at home instead of
whatever the title is.

[2] I dunno what he calls his songs, but that's the gist of it, I
believe.