 General / 11555
Re: Your Resumes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 05:23:14 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:

Heck no!  I wouldn't even put that in if I was applying for
a job at TLC, depending on the job.  (theme development yes, network
engineer no).

1. It's not at all relevant to the professional skills/duties for the job.  You
should not have anything in your resume' that fails this test.

Maybe in your area.  In Sillycon Valley, a SHORT Interests section gets you
noticed.  Most companies here want to know if you are a fit technically AND
psychologically.

2. For the vast majority of people AFOL is percieved as a sort of
social/psycological disorder.  This is due to a bug in socialization 1.0
and a misunderstanding of the complexity of the LEGO <-> mind system.

Again, not in Sillycon Valley - all I ever get is people in shock, then...
"Cooooool!".  Or people stopping by, telling me they have been walking by my cube
for months marvelling at all the sets.

And at least 4 other coworkers in my immediate area now have Lego in their cubes
;-)

Nerf and Lego are legion in the engineering world.

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

Do you people include "Lego enthusiast" under the heading "Hobbies &
Interests" in your resumes?

Bryan

--
Tom Stangl