 General / 11556
Re: Your Resumes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 05:25:34 GMT

Liam Parnell wrote:

I would like to think that my skills got me the job, and not being
pally with the management.  I also say swimming, rather than surfing,
as people have funny ideas about this pursuit too.  I really do hate
being asked these questions in interview - It's none of their
business what I do in my spare time!!

True, and you don't have to answer it.  However, it gives a good look at your drive
and personality.  You may be the perfect technical person for a job, but if you are
a PITA that can't get along with anyone, you aren't much use to a company.  Or if
your "hobbies" consist of going home and coding some more, that probably means
you'll burn out too quickly.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/