 General / 11647
Re: Your Resumes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:19:27 GMT

Liam Parnell wrote:
I really do hate
being asked these questions in interview - It's none of their
business what I do in my spare time!!

Sure it is. British Tobacco may not want you to work for them if you're
an anti smoking activist. Or if your SO works for RJ Reynolds. Or if you
jump out of airplanes, it may not be wise to put you on the critical
path on a regular basis. (or for that matter, in a job that requires an
accurate estimation of risk. Why anyone would jump out of a perfectly
good airplane is beyond me. :-) )

It may not be legal in the UK to ask these sorts of questions, but the
law is broken. The questions are legitimate.

FUT .off-topic.debate