 General / 11543
Re: Your Resumes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

Do you people include "Lego enthusiast" under the heading "Hobbies &
Interests" in your resumes?

Bryan

I agree with Kevin - no.  I'd generally recommend not putting a Hobbies
section on your resume in the first place.  Except for a few very rare
situations, your hobbies won't get you in the door or get you hired, but
they may very well keep you from getting the interview in the first place.

On the other hand, if you walk into someone's office for an interview and
see Lego all over the place, then by all means bring it up, assuming you
can sound intelligent about them.  (No gushing.)  Quite a few interviewees
have done this in my office.  I'm not sure it helped them get the job, but
it was fun. :-)

-r'm