 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 556
Re: rotation sensors in legOS 0.2.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:56:08 GMT

michael yates wrote:

Has anyone out there successfully had a rotation sensor running in legOS 0.2.2

Hi Michael,
i also tried the new sensor code and it seems to work for me. I noticed
the rotation sensor to stop working properly with nearly exhausted
batteries, but i think that's a minor issue, maybe it's not legOS
specific.

The
errors we are getting are "undefined reference to _ds_rotation" which we think
is an error being generated by the linker.

well, most probably that's right. To verify the code is in your legos
kernel and the symbol is exported, look into file legOS.lds in the boot
directory. This file should be recreated when you recompile legOS, (to
make shure just erase it) and contains all public symbols of the legOS
kernel.

Oh i just had a quick look into boot/config.h and saw, that
CONF_DSENSOR_ROTATION is disabled by default. You have to remove the //
at the beginning of the line
//#define CONF_DSENSOR_ROTATION   //!< rotation sensor
and then recompile legOS ( do a make clean first to make sure everything
is built new ).