 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 558
Re: rotation sensors in legOS 0.2.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:51:35 GMT

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Martin Cornelius wrote:

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:56:08 GMT
From: Martin Cornelius <cornelius@csd.de>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: rotation sensors in legOS 0.2.2

michael yates wrote:

Has anyone out there successfully had a rotation sensor running in legOS 0.2.2

Hi Michael,
i also tried the new sensor code and it seems to work for me. I noticed
the rotation sensor to stop working properly with nearly exhausted
batteries, but i think that's a minor issue, maybe it's not legOS
specific.

I'm pretty sure that the battery-power thing is not legOS specific- over
the summer, I noticed that at low battery the raw values themselves
increase (weird- I'd expect a decrease) and that throws off the sensor
detection. Presumably (depending on the exact method used by the standard
lego software) that would affect all software.

-Luis