 Off-Topic / Debate / 2745
Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:27:26 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> writes:
[...] AT NO TIME has TLC said yea or nay on Brickshelf ot Lugnet scans. [...]

You sound pretty sure of that.

Well, if he's wrong then say so.

I distinctly remember Kevin on numerous occasions mentioning
something to the extent of "well, the less attention we make TLG pay
to the scans site the better" - basically, like in the case of the
loser selling the cd full of copies instructions, saying "they
haven't said we can't do it - so let's not bring up a lot of
attention for this sort of thing that might make them want to."

If you and/or Kevin have receive explicit permission to host all the
various and sundry bits of Lego intellectual property you host, by
all means, say so and we'll eat a little bit of crow.

But don't think that everyone in the world is going to interpret "we
have no problem with you doing this" as "but if Huw posts
low-quality scans of sets we're going to release in catalogs in a
couple weeks we'd be really mad."  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/