 Off-Topic / Debate / 2752
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:43:05 GMT

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote in message

This "evidence" is of the sort: "Mummy hasn't told me not to stick bananas • in
the VCR, she probably doesn't really mind."

Oh, Please...No more stretches OK? It's not that sort of evidence, even
there is not just a bit of similarity. If your brother would have been
slapped when he tried to insert a cucumber to the VCR or a banana to DVD, he
would never try to insert a banana to VCR then.

What was wrong? He published a Lego vendors catalog...He published not
released set pictures...But we already done both of these in the past, or
saw both of them done by others, and nobody complained about anything. There
are vendors' catalog scans in Brickshelf and nothing seems as "secret" in
any of the vendors' catalogs that are online. There are cropped set pictures
from vendors' catalogs in Lugnet for a long time. Lugnet even has a set
picture from a vendors' catalog that has never been released to the market.
We all have seen set pictures from the upcoming range posted over here or
there for several years. We were discussing on obviously pirated set
prototype pictures just a month before. I can't remember anybody pointing
that copyright issues when star wars set prototype pictures are uncovered
both last and this year. We just discussed pros and cons of the sets
themselves. I'm not trying to say what Huw had done is right. What I'm
trying to say is "publishing Lego vendors' catalog scans" is POSSIBLY wrong
(and still only possibly till TLC says something) and it was NOT OBVIOUS
FROM THE BEGINNING, if it is really wrong.

Additionally, it was said immediately "it is wrong" in a harsh way, (it
should be said that "it could be wrong" and should be in a kind way) and the
responsible person acted accordingly..SO WHAT?....

In short, please stop those stupid and irrelevant "I'm the smarter, you
know" type "blue dog" and "banana in the VCR" stories

Selçuk

Selçuk