 Off-Topic / Debate / 2734
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:16:53 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

A lack of evidence is not evidence in itself.

It sort-of is.

In some very defined circumstances, it is suspicious - "The company accounts
are missing" etc. But that wouldn't be evidence that the company had been up to
fraudulent behaviour.

This "evidence" is of the sort: "Mummy hasn't told me not to stick bananas in
the VCR, she probably doesn't really mind."

One piece of evidence that we do have is that they would sack an employee
for doing what we have done. Doesn't that suggest that "it does matter" to
you?

We have no such evidence.

Apart from the statements of TLC employees.

Why should TLC dignify this with a response? Obviously they don't wish
retailer catalogues to be shown to customers, we know that. What is there to
discuss??

It's not obvious to me.

Apart from the fact that they make retailers sign agreements that they won't
show them to anyone else?

What do you expect TLC to say on the matter. "Go ahead, we never really
cared anyway, we just went to all the trouble of making these secret and
sacking employees who make them publically available for the fun of it."?

here you seem to be asserting that TLG has actually fired employees for
this.  Who?  When?  What are you talking about?

Oops, my mistake! For "sacking", read "being prepared to sack", as far as I
know this hasn't happened.

I agree with Mike three notes down.

Dunno which post you are reffering to so I can't comment.

Richard