 Off-Topic / Debate / 2735
2734  |  2736
Subject:
Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:36:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

Yes, and until I see otherwise from TLC, I consider the "illegal 2000 scans"
to be "restrained and respectful use".  I really DO want to hear from TLC
about it, one way or the other.

What do you think they will say, bearing in mind that these are secret, not for
public use documents?

Hearing the phrase "pastel = profit" from a 1993 retailers catalogue may seem
funny or harmless. But it makes me dislike the girly LEGO even more - that they
weren't trying to produce something because they thought girls would benefit
from it, but because they wanted to make money!

Obviously, being a company this is their goal.. but if they had the phrase
"pastel = profit" on their website how many parents do you think they'd entice
to buy their products with such a cynical statement??

And if they want it as private statement to retailers, and they wouldn't
tolerate it on their own website, then why the <expletive> would they say "Sure
go ahead, put it on another website" ??

I ask you honestly - is there a possibility that you are using the fact that
TLC will most probably not answer you to justify doing something that they
probably wouldn't like and could hurt the community?

I have no problem with being wrong, it's useful to expect that from time to
time. But when I know that I could be wrong I would not risk something like
hurting TLC-FOL relations, without good reason - and "Mummy didn't tell me not
to paint the dog blue" is not an excuse to do it!

Richard