  *80468 (-100)
  Excessive clutziness when replacing the NiCad battery pack

Hello, everyone: I'm having problems when I replace the HandyBoard's NiCad battery. I have probably replaced around 10 battery packs by now on different HandyBoards. On 4 or 5 of the replacements, I end up having to replace the 74HC373 latch, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Spring legofest - redditch

(...) Yep - any of them will do, I'll be organising something in the Spring - March seems most likely. (...) LEGO Shops - in Redditch? NO! :-O There's a ToyMaster in Rubery which is good - called Roys Hobbies and Toys. In Redditch Town Centre there (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Looking for flex parts

I'm looking for the flex parts (the inner wire, the outer sleeve, and the black clips) that are used in the 8440 and 8856 set. Are they available as a service pack? Or how about in less expensive, easier to find sets? Thanks. (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) But did you notice the female guard of the castle? No closeups, just a glimpse of red lips in the big castle photo. It might be the same face as the maiden fair, but it's hard to tell for sure from the photo. Steve (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGOfest: my parts wants list

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Jon D Hayward (<19991207164158.896...@hotmail.c om>) wrote at 16:41:58 (...) I've added the list as a separate page. Other preparation matters: Does anyone have any special dietary requests (Richard, just how veggie are you?) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: What some people will buy!

(...) Crying shame I threw out one of my two sets of instructions. And that I lost that other white cap. Ohwell, at least I've got one copy. Jasper (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

(...) Legofest (...) I think this will be an important step. We should start a new thread with "names". Ciao Mario, I think that you can consider your dream to come true... ...the only problem there is, is to get a working infrastructure. CU all (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Customer Service Desks (was Re: WalMart vs WalMart)

(...) I have to agree with you, but only halfway. There are two very different situations which come up: 1) the customer is argumentative/angry 2) the customer is calm and reasonable, and is simply asking if we can do something In the first case, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What some people will buy!

(...) mentioned (...) hmmmm... makes you wonder what a "created" set with color copies of the instructions could go for... he heeh e.. hell.. even if it's only 1/4 what that one raked in, it'd be a hell of a windfall per piece... J (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Nuovo iscritto ItLUG

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FMDt6K.Kox@lugnet.com... (...) Attendiamo con ansia il primo post!. -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

(...) I want to be there with Marcus and Victor for sure! The most important thing will be to have a good venue for the European Legofest (and next we should look for a better "name" for this event). I am making some phone calls... Play well! (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: those new 2000 Lego pictures

And for anyone that saved the fullsize pics, and other 2000 set pics, I have a single HTML page you can use to view them. I'll send the HTML on request, but ONLY the html, not the pics. This is just to make it easier to view them. (...) -- | Tom (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... [ ... snip ... ] (...) There is a very good Make book available from O'Reilly & Associates, _Managing Software Projects with Make_. I have found that this book always seems to have an example for something I was (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to stay permanently logged in at www.lego.com

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) not my (...) I have vi on my PC, couldn't live without it! It is a program called "gvim" and I think I downloaded it from (URL) (sorry, can't verify it from 38,000 feet over the North Atlantic). It works (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Ninja Wings

I am looking to buy two pairs of wings, one for my gray ninja, and the other for my black ninja, as well as the wing assembly thingies that the wings attach to and go on the ninjas' backs. (The gray ninja wings are supposed to be crane wings with (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

Ah, doesn't matter, I ALWAYS have dozens here ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Spring legofest - redditch

All, I know its early, but looking at my diary I find that I will be around the Redditch/Bromsgrove/Studley area on the folowing dates: 11/12 March, 1/2 April, 5/6 May Are any of these dates likely fest dates? Jason PS similarly is there any good (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: #About set 4532 and 4539 from DYA (I'll be selling some)

FYI, I managed to get online in time on Monday morning, and bought 10 4539s and 10 4532s. I don't want all of them (haven't decided how many I'll keep), so I'll sell them at cost (including the shipping over here, of course) plus a few dollars (for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Year 2000 Duplo!

(...) Scott :-) You are joking surely, a couple of weeks ago, I was told (and posted it here) by lego Australia, that Toolo was back and trains were discontinued, she said that as trains had been going for so many consecutive years it was time to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: TEST

Hu, vad se-e-e-egt Lugnet gått... /Tore "Tobias Möller" wrote: (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Toy clearance at ZCMI

In the event you were unaware, ZCMI is closing out all toys at 30% off or more due to the takeover by the May Company. There are some great deals on Duplo, Western and Aquanauts themes if any of you WAFOLITES are interested. The sale consists of 30% (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: Looking for!!! Can anyone help?

Horst? if you have any left, can you mail me, I don't seem to have your e-mail addy Thanks! Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Will Potomac Mills Outlet Ship Internationally?

The subject says it. We sit over here on our little wet island, glumly envious of the prices and range of sets over the pond. I just wondered if there was a ray of sunlight :-) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What some people will buy!

To date, I think only about TWO or THREE of these sets have even been mentioned on Lugnet or RTL. It is VERY rare. $128 worth of rare, heck NO, imnsho. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) You pegged it Rob! Thanks for the best laugh I have had in about a month. As a Dad this is painfully true, too bad we won't have the wine out in my house that early in the morning. Cheers, Mark L (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) Just look at the light on the sheet/cloth the person used the light distribution matches that of the distribution on the LEGO. Another point when I have tried using a flash I took a picture of a Gray wall and the entire wall took on a color (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Merchandise Distrubator at TRU

Warm & Wonderful Holiday Greetings to All; I was going back from Parke Davis, we had to drop off some items of business for someone there, and stopped by the Ann Arbor TRU near the highway to see if there are any new LEGo items. There were none, but (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) Same here-- I think that's really the only logical possibility. I don't think white walls were EVER offered with those patters, black is out of the question (I'd say), dark grey wall sections never had ANY patters that I'm aware of, and red (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Blue Ribbed, 2-slot, Handle, Barn Door WTB/T

Hey: I am needing a single blue barn door in good-excellent condition. Can anyone help me out here? On parts sites the element is described as: 1x3.5x5.7 Blue Ribbed, 2 slots, handle; Barn door or as: Door 1 x 4 x 6 and a visual reference can be (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

(...) I think that this is because there is really no reason for these folks to be nice. They are not entrepeneurs and really don't directly see a benefit when they are "nice" being nice usually means more work, and without a profit sharing program (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) strange (...) they (...) I guess I can understand that, but the color, though "wrong," seems remarkably consistent nonetheless. Would a single, relatively small flashbulb cause such an even distortion of color? I'm asking at face value; I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) LOL... that's a classic! J (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) I don't really see the issue here. In my mind they are gray. The only strange thing I see is that the person used a flash to take the picture and the effect made the pieces in the front look tanish. That in my mind is only because they were in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Update Auction 9 Volt Train Sets

* * * Auction 9 Volt Train Sets * * * Advances will start Friday December 10th L Set Name St Bid Bidder 1 - 9v Trains Start Set - 50 min. 2 4537 Twin Tank Transport - 32.5 Mark & Milissa Millere 3 4544 Car Transport Wagon - 25 Mark & Milissa Millere (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

The message is pretty clear, I think: Dad better get a decent LEGO set for Christmas, or he'll be drinking by 10:00 AM, just to mask the bitterness and jealously. 8) Rob (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Can someone draw me something?

Hi, I'm in need of a small favor... Could someone create a small gif for me? I've tried to use LDraw but I haven't been very successful. The picture I need is of a beam of blue 1x4 bricks. Seven of these bricks will be sufficient, 4 on the top (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Battle Droids

(...) www.starwars.com (...) It *is* red. That is a preproduction shot. Jeff (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Battle Droids

(...) The Pics for 7155 lead me to believe it will come with two. The MTT will have at least six, but the back section definitely has room for one or two more racks. Jeff (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: My dream about LEGO

(...) Rachel, Phil Traviss is truly a great guy. He is also relatively new to LUGNET. And he doesn't post much. But let met tell you something. I would rate him in the top 10 of people who are most knowledgeable about LEGO. He and I (along with (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Yet another Hybernation chamber...

(...) the respective dat files and they are identical. They only difference is that mine was posted in May. It may be true that you have built it, but give credit where credit is due. -Duane (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: What category is Arctic? (system dissapeared)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 384c4640.771464@lugnet.com... (...) Raiders? (...) Hey Todd, I would agree with you that Arctic belongs to town since the set numbers are certainly in the right corner. TimeCruisers and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) I think it's just a rare picture where the lighting makes the grey walls appear tan. I'm too familiar with grey castle walls, I refuse to believe in tan walls until I have on in my hand. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Yet another Hybernation chamber...

(...) WHAT?!? I've never even seen your hybernation chamber! This design is out in my own base, on my own lego table at this moment! -- Mark Nelson Speedy's Lego Page: (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  WTT: Space Pieces

Here is my want list. white 2x12 plate white 2x10 plate grey 1x1x1 round rocket stage (small) (2) grey jet engine on 1x2 plate clear radar dish as in Set #452 (3) grey minifig air tank (2) blue antenna red clear 1x1 brick with fins white 3x6 plate (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) Well... I wasn't going to place a bid, unless I KNOW they ARE tan (And I'm 99.98612% sure they're not)... but I am REALLY curious-- mostly because it doesn't look like they're grey in any way, shape, or form! Usually a bad picture just looks (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most money spent on Lego at one time (was Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes)

(...) Wow, I must be cheap or something, because the most I've ever spent at once on LEGO was $250. (Anything more is frivolous.) But you don't want to know on what (Yellow Castles on clearance at $24.99 in 1984). I average about $200 a month. But (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Burp 2000

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message news:384D6135.18E1D7...web.net... (...) I have found a new liking for the POOP wall pieces. I'm generally not in favor of these being used to create Town Jr. sets, but the other day my 4 yr. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) /s/loser/luser/ But I don't really see any need to do so. Jasper (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) So how would you feel about releasing older dealer catalogues? Say, everything 1997 and older. Most of the sets contained in such catalogues would be discontinued, pricing information is, well, wildly out-of-date, etcetera. I'm talking about (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: That Homecoming Thing

(...) _Curfew violation_? *boggle* Jasper (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

(...) I actually work at a K-Mart Customer Service Desk. Official policy is to match any non-clearance price if we can verify it. ('Verify' generally means a call to the other store or a sale ad from the other store in hand. Management doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What some people will buy!

I think the price is OK. I know who bought it; he seems to be cornering the market.:-P I only know three people who have this set (with or without box), including the new owner of this one. It was on Matt Chiles want list and Todd Lehman's want (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

I believe they were printed in white, though the stone patterns were in red not grey. I have to admit they look tanish white to me on my screen also. I'm guessing they have to be grey and it's just a bad bad picture. I'd mail the seller if you (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

(...) "Tower not responding" really means that it can't write to the tower. Check batteries and the range. (...) Weird. As far as I can tell, exit is called correctly in all circumstances where "tower not responding" could be generated. (...) Again, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - Yellow brick castles

(...) I've got good news/bad news. The good news is that the Yellow Castle WAS available in the USA in 1981. 6075 was the USA set number, while 375 was the European set number. Check the LUGNET database: (URL) bad news is that I cornered the market (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What some people will buy!

It appears that for the buyer, this set was one of the last 2 sets need to complete his space collection. Given that the set is supposedly rare, I can understand paying a premium for the set in order to complete the collection. I wouldn't have paid (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) that (...) The section in the middle of the second column from the left seems to be white on its underside, or at least a lighter color than the rest. Perhaps it's a matter of bad UV contamination; were these printed wall sections available in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

(...) Nope. Definately grey. They're either severly yellowed, or the scan color is off, but they're grey. How's the RGB on your monitor? ;) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?

Check this out-- looks like TAN castle wall sections! (URL) say they were a yellowed white, but white castle walls didn't come with those brick patterns! Could it be some bizarre lighting that's making them tan? But there's another set for auction (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  6332 (Qty 1), 6559, and 3290 at Potomac Mills Outlet

In case anyone is looking for the town Police Station (6332), the Potomac Mills Outlet store has _one_ for $44.59 (MSRP $59.99). I think Buffie would like to move it out since it's hard to find a good shelf spot for a single set. When I mentioned (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

Just some minor nits...I putting this into .debate because it feels confrontational to me, and I'm responding in kind. Even if it's not confrontational *at* me. (...) The only rants I saw were people jumping on the "dictatorship" bandwagon. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: When will Lego Racers be out?

It´s out in Sweden now. --Tobias (...) the (...) that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.games)

  TEST

(25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

Hi.. I am having problems making firmdl3 work.. I have compiled it on a Linux box (Mandrake 6.0) and I get 'tower not responding' but the LED is coming on.. Also, after that error message, control does not return to the terminal. After playing (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Burp 2000

I like them. My dream-creation is to build a large volcano-island made of BURPS. --Tobias (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) It's a question of trying to do the right thing. Most of the people who are hosting the pictures will probably not have read the entire thread, or skimmed it. So we can't expect them to *fully* understand the situation, or even do the right (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Burp 2000

(...) I like them for large scale mountain building, or a good facade on a tunnel entrance. It depends on what they are used for, some people love them, and some people don't. One of the reasons I love LEGO items is to use different pieces for all (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BURP Adventure set #666

Tan. --Tobias (...) colors? (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Burp 2000

(...) Let me help clear this up a little bit: You are confused. =) People dislike Big Ugly Rock Pieces, beacuse: 1) You can't reuse them, except in structure fortification 2) They look silly 3) An equal amount of that many dark grey bricks would (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Burp 2000

(...) Yes. ;) There are people on both sides of the fence. On the one hand, people don't like BURPs because they're big and ugly and take the place of several more useful pieces in a set. On the other hand, they're useful in building big things of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

Without any great surprise, the requests and subsequent rants to have Huw Millington remove his scans of the 2000 dealer catalogue only drew even greater attention to them. As a consequence, a quick look around the newsgroups shows several sites are (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Alte Sets - brandneu!

Hallo Mitmaniacs, (ich finde es übrigens besch..., daß Lego sich "Legomaniac" jetzt gebrauchsmusterschützen hat lassen, aber das am Rande...) Ich war gestern mal wieder in meinem geheimen Tante-Emma-Lädchen. Sie hat immer noch viiiiele Lego-Sets, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: FS: Train Parts, Most 30% off!

Sorry to amend the post, but I wanted to make it clear that I have 100s of all items except motors, of which I have dozens:-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Burp 2000

(...) Wait I'm a bit confused.....do people like burps? Or do they find them incredibly annoying? Erin -- (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC shirt sighting...

(...) These are not the usual cheezy shirts either. Very solid shirt with thickweight cotton. If it was a name brand you'd be paying 40-50 for the shirt, unembroidered. I have two. Recommended. (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:09:59 GMT, Kevin Loch uttered the following profundities... (...) In that new section,you could include scans of job adverts from Lego, perhaps, too! ( I have somewhere a scan of a recent marketing advert) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Need 6x3x1 trans-yellow windows (ala Galaxy Explorer)

Hi, I'm in need of two 6x3 1-high transparent yellow windows, like those found in early space sets (Galaxy Explorer, etc.) I thought I might have seen some in the recent rummage pile. Anyone have some to trade? (Roger?) -gyug (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Thanks! And glad you enjoyed it! (...) On most pages, there's now a thing to click on in the upper-right corner of the screen. It's labeled "Sign In" and currently (but subject to change) shows a yellow key for the icon. Click that, and then (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Lego op TV

Zojuist gesignaleerd in de Man Bijt Hond op Nederland (waarschijnlijk is er morgenochtend/middag nog een herhaling?): "lego-lady" Ilona Peeters, met een huis vol lego, veel oud Legoland spul, maar ook Technic ed. Verder niet veel interessants, an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: 4561 sale at kbkids

Thanks for pointing this out! I bought 1 while they were on sale at Target. Maybe I'll pick up a second at KBKids.com. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  College Park?

Out of curiosity, anybody from College Park? Mike (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Re: The Angriest Lego Collector in the World!

(...) about the Angriest Dog in the World... Nice site! eric (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Yet another Hybernation chamber...

(...) C'mon, give me some credit here. Same parts, same placement, same file? I'm afraid to say that this is *not* your own design. (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Duplo Trains the start of something

I was looking at the new 2000 catalog scans and noticing how much DUPLO train stuff there was (ie station, tunnel, extra cars). I don't remember there being that much stuff for DUPLO before. I wonder if this is TLC priming kids for a bigger push in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Nuovo iscritto ItLUG

Vi presento ufficialmente Gabriele Bellumori, residente a Scandicci (FI), 22 anni, studente di ingegneria informatica, già registrato per scrivere su Lugnet. Benvenuto Gabriele! Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Brasso?

(...) I've got some blue parts which are noticeably discolored, though you do have to look close. (...) Hmm, I've never had a problem with washing the chromed parts, the only thing I've ever had a problem with is the thin plastic sails and flags (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

In lugnet.robotics.events, Mario Ferrari writes: [snip] (...) Keep up the posts guys! I'm hoping to be in the Germany/Austria area sometime next late Spring/Early Summer. If its reachable, I'll be to it! I would love to see some of the faces that I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: Jot and Jab's Space Auction

(...) Reminder: Auction announcements and updates only belong in .market.auction, not in other groups. Please re-read the Terms of Use if you are confused: (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Well I've been sick all weekend and just read all this Monday AM. I'm not going to respond to any specific details, but I did want to say that Todd & Suzanne are correct, and in one specific area (I won't get into the legal-ese). We don't (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Will trade 6807 for 1593

Possibly the rarest-ever space set for the other rarest-ever space set! :-) I just won my second 6807 un-named Space set (1985) on ebay. I only need the elsusive 1593 directions (or was it a boxed set?) from 1983 to complete my Space collection. If (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Will trade 6807 for 1593

Possibly the rarest-ever space set for the other rarest-ever space set! :-) I just won my second 6807 un-named Space set (1985) on ebay. I only need the elsusive 1593 directions (or was it a boxed set?) from 1983 to complete my Space collection. If (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: GMLTC shirt sighting...

BTW if anyone else wants to be spotted in an official, embroidered GMLTC white polo shirt, I have a few remaining in various sizes. $25 plus shipping. LMK... -John (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FS: Train Parts, Most 30% off!

Hello LUGNETers- I am offering various train parts for sale. I am posting them here first, and tomorrow in R.T.L. Order as many as you like. First come will be first served, so LMK as soon as you can:-) All parts are brand new, never been used. Good (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  synchronization error

I'm encountering a synchronization error when calling serial_putchar within a for loop. Here's my code: void test(){ int looper; for (looper=0;looper<16;looper++){ if (looper<7){ serial_putchar(analog(looper)); printf("\nPort: %d Value: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LEGOfest: my parts wants list

Now that it's only a few days to go, we might as well get our wants lists out!!! Here's mine: Specific Parts ---...--- Blueprint London bus - white classic window with ledges: 2 2x2; 2 3x2; 6 4x2 #334 Flatbed Truck & #383 Low Loader - 2 Pairs of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Comparative Book Review

Mark Winters <markwintersnospamth...t.att.net> wrote in message news:FMCtu7.J1o@lugnet.com... (...) Shopping note: Either of these books can be had very cheap by using a Buy.com coupon available at www.flamingoworld.com Use the $20 dollars off $20 (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FA[ebay] LEGO 6769 Wild West Fort LEGOREDO MISB NR

Well I hope you do well, you're one of the good guys! (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: HO Vehicles @ North West LEGOfest

(...) Excuse my ignorance! But what does the C5 and C7 mean? Is it the condition of the car? As that might explain why the car with the broken bumper sells for 3x the price of the seemingly okay one! The prices seem pretty reasonable though! Cheers, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: LUGNET slow today?

I noticed this as soon as it went back online. It appears to be a problem within pair. I had a couple ideas: 3. routing errors (asymetrical routing, routing over backup lines etc.) This is the most likely scenario because it's real easy to do. 2. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Skipped 42 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact