 General / 11407
Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
I don't really see the issue here.  In my mind they are gray.

Same here-- I think that's really the only logical possibility. I don't think
white walls were EVER offered with those patters, black is out of the question
(I'd say), dark grey wall sections never had ANY patters that I'm aware of, and
red and yellow only ever showed up with the "tudor" pattern [correct me if I'm
wrong, anyone who has seen otherwise]. And I think those are the only colors
that castle wall sections were ever offered in...

BUT... I concede that I may be wrong. And if they're WHITE... then I want them.
If they're grey, nah.. I've got plenty. And if they're anything else, well... I
WILL eat a Jar-Jar minifig. After I buy them.

The only
strange thing I see is that the person used a flash to take the picture and
the effect made the pieces in the front look tanish.  That in my mind is only
because they were in direct line with the flash.  I have taken many pictures
of LEGO both with and without flash and IMHO a flash works terrible when
photographing LEGO especially close up.

IMO these are all grey and the person just used very poor photographing
techniques.

That was my first reaction, because in some of my photographs, grey has
appeared as beige or tan when a flash is used... but the problem I'm having
here is that they appear tan from every angle! Not just the wall faces, but the
undersides, the studs, the sides, etc... which makes me really curious! It's
still my best guess that you're right, and it's just bad photography, but I
wanted to double check with people here to confirm it, just on the off-chance
that I'm wrong...

DaveE