 General / 11396
Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 20:58:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed writes:
I believe they were printed in white, though the stone patterns were in
red not grey. I have to admit they look tanish white to me on my screen
also. I'm guessing they have to be grey and it's just a bad bad
picture.  I'd mail the seller if you really needed to know before
possibly placing a bid.

Tamy

Well... I wasn't going to place a bid, unless I KNOW they ARE tan (And I'm
99.98612% sure they're not)... but I am REALLY curious-- mostly because it
doesn't look like they're grey in any way, shape, or form! Usually a bad
picture just looks tan from ONE angle-- but these look tan all over! Underside
and studs included! Do pieces really yellow ALL over? I'd think it would just
be the sun-exposed side (not the underside certainly!) Plus I've never seen
grey pieces yellow THAT much!

As to the theory of them being white... have THOSE patterns been done in white?
I seem to remember the white with red brick being a lot more tightly packed
bricks-- (being only released in the pirate line.)  They looked a lot more like
modern red brick exposed sections, rather than stone blocks... Hence, I don't
think they CAN be white... unless those specific print patterns appeared in
pirates and I never knew it...

My theory? I'd guess either REALLY REALLY REALLY yellowed grey, or a REALLY
REALLY REALLY bad picture... OR maybe a fine picture that got messed up somehow
in an FTP or something... I know that happened to me once (Windows to UNIX to
Linux to Windows... plus I think a convert from bmp to gif?)...[followups to
THAT to off-topic.geek]

I was GOING to ask the seller, but they were a company, not just some fan, so I
figured chances of response were low-- and if they DID respond, they'd probably
wouldn't know their origin anyway... but now I'm so curious... maybe I will...

DaveE