 General / 11408
11407  |  11409
Subject:
LEGO Merchandise Distrubator at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:29:18 GMT

Warm & Wonderful Holiday Greetings to All;

I was going back from Parke Davis, we had to drop off some items of
business for someone there, and stopped by the Ann Arbor TRU near the
highway to see if there are any new LEGo items. There were none, but
there were 2 ladies, dressed in gray shirts that were playing around
with the merchandise. My friend and co-worker, who is also an AFOL, and
I started for the exit, and I thought, maybe they are the LEGO reps for
around here. Sure enough, the younger lady was the displayer for LEGO
products. I introduced myself as an Adult Fan of Lego, I asked her if
she knows about LUGNET, she said she doesn't have any contact with the
internet. :( I then told her I am a serious collector, with over 500
sets and over 100,000+ pieces, and her jaw dropped. I then asked her if
there were any new sets available yet. She said yes, but nothing big
yet. Then she asked if I knew about Mindstorms, which I did, but I never
bought any yet (I guess she assumed that since I was an adult, I only
bought Mindstorms). Anyway, her look when I told her about my collection
and pieces was priceless, but no new sets as of yet. I think some will
start appearing either tonight or tomorrow, her co-worker was on her way
back to the storeroom. An interesting encounter, if anything!

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!