 General / 11409
Re: TAN castle walls? It CAN'T be! But what IS it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
I don't really see the issue here.  In my mind they are gray.  The only
strange thing I see is that the person used a flash to take the picture and
the effect made the pieces in the front look tanish.  That in my mind is only
because they were in direct line with the flash.  I have taken many pictures
of LEGO both with and without flash and IMHO a flash works terrible when
photographing LEGO especially close up.

IMO these are all grey and the person just used very poor photographing
techniques.

I guess I can understand that, but the color, though "wrong," seems
remarkably consistent nonetheless.  Would a single, relatively small flashbulb
cause such an even distortion of color?  I'm asking at face value; I really
don't know.  I thought it was more likely that a bunch of wall sections had
been left in the sun together.

Just look at the light on the sheet/cloth the person used the light
distribution matches that of the distribution on the LEGO.

Another point when I have tried using a flash I took a picture of a Gray wall
and the entire wall took on a color similar to this one.  I just personally
have to believe that this is the result of a flash bulb an nothing else.

Eric,

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/