 General / 11384
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Without any great surprise, the requests and subsequent rants to have Huw
Millington remove his scans of the 2000 dealer catalogue only drew even
greater attention to them.
[...]
So rather than have effect that the folks who asked for them to be removed had
in mind, there is now 10 times as much publicity and many more sites hosting
the pictures they sought to remove

It's a question of trying to do the right thing. Most of the people who are
hosting the pictures will probably not have read the entire thread, or skimmed
it. So we can't expect them to *fully* understand the situation, or even do the
right thing. If they have read the full thread, and still want to host the
pictures then I have a lot more respect for them as they would understand what
they are doing!

A lot of it seems to be a rather immature "rebellion against tyranny", which
really isn't called for as there isn't a tyranny. Although I can see how it
could seem that way for those who haven't bothered to read the thread!

Richard