 General / 11380
Re: Burp 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:35:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erin Windross writes:
In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:
I was just looking at the pictures at http://www.theforce.net/tinman/ and
I noticed that set 5987 has the first burp that I have seen in the 2000
lineup.  This coming year looks pretty burp free, compared to the last few.
Stock up on that Burp Adventure set while they last! :)

-Chris

Wait I'm a bit confused.....do people like burps? Or do they find them
incredibly annoying?

Yes. ;)

There are people on both sides of the fence.  On the one hand, people don't
like BURPs because they're big and ugly and take the place of several more
useful pieces in a set.
On the other hand, they're useful in building big things of rock.  A number of
people have used lots of them to make some pretty freakin' huge mountains.
BURPs used this way let you make big things with many less bricks.

Essentially, BURPs are used instead of a whole bunch of bricks.  Some people
gripe about this, some people take advantage of it.  Some people do both. ;)
YMMV.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/