 General / 11399
Re: My dream about LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:11:48 GMT

Rachel Kingston wrote:

In lugnet.general, Rachel Kingston writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
< major snippage>
Just want to say a public thank you to Phil Travis, who emailed me regarding
the following thread, He offered to identify the mysterious set that had us
all stumped. (Thanks too, for everyone else's suggestions, although the set
wasn't as old or exotic as we were starting to think, I'm just really glad to
have it identified)
Ends up it is a UK release set no. 90 released only in 1978.
I tried, in retrospect to search for it on pause, thinking maybe I had missed
it before, but it's definatly not there.
Great detrective work, Phil, Thank you for taking the time.
My God, AFOL's are great people!

Rachel

Rachel,

Phil Traviss is truly a great guy.  He is also relatively new to LUGNET.  And he
doesn't post much.  But let met tell you something.  I would rate him in the top 10
of people who are most knowledgeable about LEGO.

He and I (along with another behind the scenes fellow in Germany - Kurt Richter)
converse about 4 times per week on classic LEGO.  I have learned a lot about LEGO
from both Phil (who has an outstanding knowledge about UK LEGO history) and Kurt
(who is very knowledgeable about continental European LEGO history).  If ever I
were to write a book about LEGO history, I could not do it alone.  It would have to
be in collaboration with both Phil and Kurt (and a few others (Bill, are you
listening?)).

I know a few of you folks think I am a LEGO expert.  But I am truly humbled by
these two folks.

......OK, I think my medication is wearing off now, I'm no longer verklempt.

Gary Istok
"The first LEGO Nut"