 General / 10972
Re: My dream about lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Rachel Kingston wrote:

In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
It must be one of the wooden box sets that Lego released long long ago (60s
or 70s, I don't have my catalog scans CD with me right now). There are
several (at least 2 or 3) different sets released with wooden boxes, and if
I'm not wrong one of them has 810 as a set number.

Selçuk

Rachel Kingston <Kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote in message

As a new collector, I have no idea how much our collection is worth.
The shell ones we have are the 604 shell service car 1978, 601 shell • bowser
boy1978, 149 shell refueling station.
Anyhow, we have over 100 sets mint,(all with mint instructions, a couple • in
the box) dated from 1966-1980.
We won't ever sell them,(sorry guys,they were my partners main obsession • right
through childhood, and now I'm hooked, though unfortunately I never had • any
Lego as a child) but would really like to insure them, I realise this is • off
the previous subject, sorry, but need some expert advise as to how to • value
sets that never seem to be on offer anywhere?
We also have a set which we can't identify, its a timber dovetailed box
(large) with a red sliding lid, with the white/yellow/black Lego logo on • the
top, it has a double layered white tray inside, and was given to my • partner
full of Basic (sometime in the 1970's) Now we don't know if this was an • empty
storage container which was generously filled by the giver, or if it came
filled, if this is the case, where could we get an inventory list, for • this?
Does anyone recognise the description of this set? I just looked and on • the
underneath of the box is stamped a double joined triangle shape with the
number 02 or 32 stamped in it (can't read the number properly)

Can anyone help??

Rachel :-)

You are right that the set 810 does come in a timber storage box,(1966!!)
however, ours is double thickness, holds two trays inside one on top of the
other, these trays have  many compartments and are full of basic.
Judging from the depth of the box in the photo of the 810 you mentioned, it
appears to have only one layer.
Also, ours has no logo on the side, but the large printed logo on the top,
this is the only identifying feature.
I wouldve expected that ours would've been later than the 810, also, as my
partner recieved it in the mid 70's.
Though the fact that the 810 comes full of basic, indicates that ours was • most
probably full, when purchased, rather than filled by the gift-giver, we had
been wondering about that.

Rachel :-)

Rachel,

The 810 (European Town Plan) set had (I believe) a cardboard top to it with • the
Town Plan scene.  There was a pair of wooden box sets from circa 1967-68 that • were
820 (filled with LEGO) and 821 (same box but empty).  I have the 821 and it • seems
to be what you described.

Here is a picture from Horst Lehner's Catalog Website:

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk68/GK68-13.JPG

Good Luck
Gary Istok

Hi Gary
Looked at the site you mentioned. Thanks anyway, but that is not it either,
its very mysterious.
The set in question has a sliding red timber lid, with the logo printed on the
top, no hinges. Two layers of white compartmentalised tray.  The sides are
natural timber, no logo.
It was given to my partner in the 70's as I mentioned, however, he had a
favourite aunt, who had two cupboards full of Lego, and would generously dole
it out for birthdays etc. It is possible that the Lego could've sat there for
at least 10 years till she gave it too him. She often did this, so
establishing the date is a bit difficult. We would really like to know what
set it is, if it was empty or filled when she purchased it etc.
Should proably mention that this particular aunt, although living in
Australia, mail ordered from Denmark (and elsewhere, probably) So we don't
even know where it was released....

Any more ideas....anyone?.....cause I'm stumped!!

Rachel
It measures 48cm long, 40.5wide and 12.5cm's deep.