 General / 10774
Re: My dream about lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:28:34 GMT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!
I must share this with all of you!!!!!!!!!!
*tries to calm down*
I was reading this dream message when I thought "hmmn I've got a shell and
Esso sign in my collection from a Lego bag my mom bought me at Value • Village,
I wonder what they're from" So I go on pause, and to my utter suprise,
astonishment, and heart faliure I find out that I have the all the pieces to
sets #621 and 310 !!!!!!!!!! Including the pumps and Vehicles!!!!!
I wonder how much these would go for in auction......
Just wanted to tell you about that.

Erin "Got my FOTY in my own collection" Windross
--
in a recent poll, 99% of minifigs believe in a large
God that comes down and swoops them in and out of places

Well Erin, looks like your mom "done real good".

The Esso Sign and pumps, if in mint or near mint (must have the red • round "tops"
to the two end poles on the pump piece, and no breakage or missing signage on • the
tall sign.... they could command anywhere from $50-80 for one of each.  The • ESSO
truck would be about another $15-40 (depending on condition).  The ESSO 1x8
whitem beam would be another $5.  And the red garage door kit would be another
$10-20.   Your best bet probably would be (if the pieces are in great • condition)
to sell it on EBAY as a set 310 with no box or instructions.   The Shell set • (not
a Gas Station) would sell for considerably less.  Besides coming in a 310 set,
the ESSO Station also came as part of the Town Plan set (725 in USA/Canada in
1961-65, 810 in Europe in the 1960's, 700K in Europe in the 1950's).  Perhaps • you
have the Town Plan and don't realize it!

Gary Istok

I was pretty amazed at these prices, I also followed the recent postings on
insuring Lego, with interest. Please excuse the deviation from topic here....
As a new collector, I have no idea how much our collection is worth.
The shell ones we have are the 604 shell service car 1978, 601 shell bowser
boy1978, 149 shell refueling station.
Anyhow, we have over 100 sets mint,(all with mint instructions, a couple in
the box) dated from 1966-1980.
We won't ever sell them,(sorry guys,they were my partners main obsession right
through childhood, and now I'm hooked, though unfortunately I never had any
Lego as a child) but would really like to insure them, I realise this is off
the previous subject, sorry, but need some expert advise as to how to value
sets that never seem to be on offer anywhere?
We also have a set which we can't identify, its a timber dovetailed box
(large) with a red sliding lid, with the white/yellow/black Lego logo on the
top, it has a double layered white tray inside, and was given to my partner
full of Basic (sometime in the 1970's) Now we don't know if this was an empty
storage container which was generously filled by the giver, or if it came
filled, if this is the case, where could we get an inventory list, for this?
Does anyone recognise the description of this set? I just looked and on the
underneath of the box is stamped a double joined triangle shape with the
number 02 or 32 stamped in it (can't read the number properly)

Can anyone help??

Rachel :-)