 General / 10750
Re: My dream about lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:00:34 GMT

Erin Windross wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tobias Möller writes:
Last night I dreamt that I was on a spaceship, designed to carry some cats
around the Earth. On that spaceship, I found a big box of lego. I started
digging through it, and found a brick with the shell logo printed on it. I
thoguht "Wow! A Shell gas station lies in this box, mixed up with the rest
of the bricks!" I started to dig for more bricks, as I thoguht "I can always
get the instructions from Brickshelf when I return to Earth." I got more and
more happy, and I actually believed that it was happening for real!

But, I woke, and at first I still tohught that I had the bricks somewhere,
but...

--Tobias

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!
I must share this with all of you!!!!!!!!!!
*tries to calm down*
I was reading this dream message when I thought "hmmn I've got a shell and
Esso sign in my collection from a Lego bag my mom bought me at Value Village,
I wonder what they're from" So I go on pause, and to my utter suprise,
astonishment, and heart faliure I find out that I have the all the pieces to
sets #621 and 310 !!!!!!!!!! Including the pumps and Vehicles!!!!!
I wonder how much these would go for in auction......
Just wanted to tell you about that.

Erin "Got my FOTY in my own collection" Windross
--
in a recent poll, 99% of minifigs believe in a large
God that comes down and swoops them in and out of places

Well Erin, looks like your mom "done real good".

The Esso Sign and pumps, if in mint or near mint (must have the red round "tops"
to the two end poles on the pump piece, and no breakage or missing signage on the
tall sign.... they could command anywhere from $50-80 for one of each.  The ESSO
truck would be about another $15-40 (depending on condition).  The ESSO 1x8
whitem beam would be another $5.  And the red garage door kit would be another
$10-20.   Your best bet probably would be (if the pieces are in great condition)
to sell it on EBAY as a set 310 with no box or instructions.   The Shell set (not
a Gas Station) would sell for considerably less.  Besides coming in a 310 set,
the ESSO Station also came as part of the Town Plan set (725 in USA/Canada in
1961-65, 810 in Europe in the 1960's, 700K in Europe in the 1950's).  Perhaps you
have the Town Plan and don't realize it!

Gary Istok