  *73946 (-100)
  Re: Technic Shuttles at Zany Brainy (Utah)

okay, i'm in shock. when did utah get a zany brainy? i thought it was one of those chains that they only had back east. do they have a large selection of stuff like tru does? are there others besides this one in ft union? where exactly is the one in (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list

(...) I disagree--Australia itself was half the prison. ;) Not much chance of someone coming back from THAT far away! (...) You can make these--Technic beams and connectors, plus black 5L antennae. (...) "Appropriately scary?" I think the European (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mindstorms recommendations

(...) Hmmmm. I just wonder if he won't find that too overwhelming and simply not do it. I'm quite prepared to get him the whole shebang if he takes to it - or rather, my wife will get Granddad to buy it. :-) Thanks for the input! Bruce (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list

(...) Where?!? I'm dying to find one! I love those 10-wide hulls--I've never had any, and 6560 always looked like a great set. LFB. (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  RE: Line Followers

What if the light sensor were mounted on a boom arm (or a sliding track) which was attached by gears to a motor and a rotation sensor. Then what you would do is create a fast response control loop using the right on black, left on white rule. The (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  DFW, It's time to speak up!

Okay... so I've been fairly active on LUGNET in the CAD groups for quite some time now, working with LCAD, doing some parts authoring, even writing a few VB apps to help other LCAD users... I've decided that it's time to make a little contact with (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: DCP Sensor Adapter,

Phil Case <phil@case.enta.net> wrote in message news:FLB59E.4M9@lugnet.com... (...) That would be: DCP Microdevelopments Limited which has a web page @ (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list

(...) up (...) get (...) on (...) help. (...) you'd (...) Most of the large ships that I have seen are around 40 guns, but with two gun decks, and Frigates only have one. So to get a large single gun-deck frigate of 40 guns or so, you'd have to go (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Yes! (actually no)

(...) It reminds me of those milk commercials, when the guy was in heaven, and was eating (Never mind the fact that heaven you don't eat) all the pastries, cookies, etc. he always wanted, and he went to the fridge, and all the milk was gone. Then he (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) Well, I've been involved with a non-profit society focused on live gaming, which has some similar issues with minors and social stigma, so I've got some useful experience. Relevant to note that I'm in Canada, though, so legal issues may vary. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Mindstorms recommendations

Go with the RIS. My son is the same age and does just fine with it. In addition to learning about robotics, your son will learn the basics of programming (conditions, loops, etc.) Also, the scout has only 2 inputs and outputs to the RCX's 3 each. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Technic Shuttles at Zany Brainy (Utah)

I've recently come to the conclusion that Zany Brainy is by far the best national chain store for LEGO products. A couply years ago TRU had a better selection, but not anymore. Plus, they keep getting the big recently discontinued sets. Bonus: I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list

(...) Oooh, much larger. For a ship at half-scale the size of Victory, though, you'd need a hull about 32-36 studs wide...you might be able to put together a good brigantine or small frigate at 24 studs. ;) LFB. (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  RE: Pure Energy & the RCX

Thanks for the info Matt. I'll true the Pure Energy. I normally use the AC adapter with my students with a full load of new batteries. I'll add the rechargeable feature this year. Denis -----Original Message----- From: Matt Silver (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Yes! (actually no)

Picture this, you find a tiny little toy store hidden somewhere in the bowls of a mall....and inside you find every single Lego set you ever wanted (even some you never thought existed) every town, technic, space, castle, and pirate sets ever made, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

I use Renewals too. I get mine at WalMart in their camera department. -Mike Kory (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Meeting over the y2k holidays?

(...) Hey Sproat, I live in Dallas... and I'll be around all through the holidays (i'm in IS, so we're all stuck near the machines at the turn of the millennium)... shoot me a mail (onyx@flash.net or jboen@accubanc.com)... i'd dig getting together (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

Whoops. They are SCARCE in department stores. -----Original Message----- From: The WordMeister <dwilcox@wordsmithdigital.com> To: Matt Silver <silverm@tech-center.com>; lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> Date: Tuesday, November 16, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Age average

Please allow me to jump on the age bandwagon. I will be 34 in one month. I was way into "the brick" as a kid and about two years ago I saw a Res Q set at target. That was 7000 pieces ago and I am glad to see other people of all ages who still love (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

The same things are available in the US labeled as "Renewal" by Ray-O-Vac. They are scare in department stores, but the local Radio Shack usually carries a good supply (under a slightly different name, as I recall). You need a special charger, but (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Many of the older sets can be looked up in the database here on Lugnet. While this is useful for the use you mentioned (determining the value of new sets), it's not very useful for older sets. I would think that the value of a set from the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

Radio Shack has its own version of these same batteries. -Wes (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Pure Energy & the RCX

Instead of posting deep inside the original RXC Output thread, I thought I start a new one Pure Energy is a brand of rechargeable batteries. Pure Energy Battery Corp, Amherst Nova Scotia, Canada (1-800-868-8756) They are rechargeable alkaline (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) Ryan, Just a point of clarification. By the term "tweener" I mean inbetween and it does not refer to someone that is a teenager. And by inbetween I mean Young-Adult in this case or someone who is more mature than a kid and can handle (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Line Followers

Sorry! I misunderstood you in that last post. If you want to make it go all the way around the robot (which is how I understand it now), then all you have to do is put the light sensor + arm on a turntable and rotate that. To keep from getting the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Trading for Brown ladders from 6061

(...) All I need are pitchforks. I can use a Sharpie if I want black swords. :) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

Eric, see my reply to David's message for more of my opinion on the topic. One thing though, the term "tween"(which I think is downright, gutwrenchingly sick) refers to those ages 8-12, so I don't think a 16yo would like being called a "tweener". (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Mindstorms recommendations

Any recommedations on one Mindstorms system over another for a bright boy of 8.5? Yes, he can use computers. I'd rather start him off with one of the sets designed for 9 year olds - just wondering if there is something to recommend one over another. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Line Followers

You could make a gantry that can make the arm go forwards and back, and at the same time have it on another gantry that can move side to side. Move both gantrys (sp?) at once and you should be able to carve out a rough circle without twistind the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG Turns 50!!

(...) see (...) purpose of (...) I'll start off my saying that everything was very well said, Dave. Although I am still 2 1/3 years away from being considered an AFOL, I can see why you wanted to set up AFOL group, partly because of circumstances (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Question on Tan Peasants

(...) Hmm... my thought is maybe a "good" battering ram would encourage the pieces to get broken? With the one in 6062, you'd have to actually push with your fingers to break a piece, but if you made a sturdy wheeled battering ram and rolled it (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  even one more synchro

Hey folks, Just one more three wheeled mini-synchro design to add to the mix. This is a minimal height design with the motors and rcx mounted very low on the structure. It also features o-ring wheels and upside-down turntables spaced with 8T gears (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  DCP Sensor Adapter,

DCP stands for DCP Microelectronics. They manufacture a range of sensors for their LogIT range (a data logging device with three inputs - each capable of taking passive or active sensors - sound familier?). This is now relevent with the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is the LDraw parts database free?

(...) Yes, but most people would probably prefer not to install DOSEMU or a similar program unless they have to. (...) Ok, I've never heard this before, and it's not in the FAQ. But now that I know, this is valuable information. (...) Yes, unarj (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

Well I am hopeing that this turns into a very constructive discussion on how we can cater to minors in our Local groups. I would be very interested in seeing what people have to say on the issue. I would also like to hear any experiances that people (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) Just a thought (and the reason I still want to use real walls): by bumping into a wall, there are small orientation errors that are introduced (especially when hitting it at an angle). I just like tougher problems! :-) /Vlad (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: WTB Blacktron I w/boxes

Well... at those requested prices you can find the first 3 on ebay easy enough, the Renegade (6954) is harder to find from what I've seen than the Message Intercept Base (6987) on ebay lately... at 115.00 and a little luck you could come away with (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Technic air-dampers

My new dampers arrived today, which is a very quick response. One has gone straight into compression. Unfortunately, I cannot see any difference between these and the old items. :-( Jonathon Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Lego at Media Play? (Was: Technic Shuttles at Zany Brainy (Utah))

(...) You can get Lego at Media Play? The most I've seen there is the Mindstorms stuff. Though I haven't looked often lately -- their selection of computer books leaves a lot to be desired... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Connect HP 48GX

Hi Did somebody ever try to connect the Handy-Board to a Hewlett Packard 48G or 48GX? I don't exactly know the specifications of the serial port of the 48G. But there are several serial options possible. For example the protocol can be Kermit or (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?

(...) From LC's point of view, the MF is probably like a gem which is supposed to "sell" more Star Wars sets. I mean, this is, like, everybody's favourite Star Wars vehicle. It's probably going to include Luke, Han Solo and Princess Leia (this is (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is the LDraw parts database free?

Fredrik Glöckner skrev i meddelandet ... (...) This question has been on my mind too a bit, as I have thought of the possibility to 'import' LDRAW parts to BlockCAD (with a lot of manual massaging of course, but still using the work done on the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  WTB Blacktron I w/boxes

Hello all.. i'm sure this is a pointless effort... but i'm looking for Blacktron I sets (who *isn't*!?!)... i'd like to get them w/boxes and instructions.... not necessarily MISB, but at least with the pieces in decent shape... here's what i'd (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?

(...) pattern (...) my (...) I've noticed the round 1x1 thing too. I have also noticed, though not always, that there is often what appears to be part of the sprue for the 1x1s in the box too- tho not attached to them. Perhaps the machine makes them (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brown Ladders

(...) Yup, and unfortunately, it is found it 6071 Forestmen's River Crossing, one of the most sought after Castle sets. :( I'll sell you one(1) of mine for... One Million Dollars!! ;) Jeff 1 - I would have three, but one broke when a ceiling (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Question on Tan Peasants

(...) You mean 6062? That is an awful battering ram. 'Twould work on the small door in that set, but it would never work against a real castle's gate. Its too small, and there is no one to operate it! BTW, I did make my own when I was a child, and I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  RE: Line Followers

I've been working on a line following bot. My original idea was to have an arm that swings back and forth (to cover about 3 inches) over a line and would be able to adjust the direction of the bot based on the position of the line within the arc. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?

I know this is kinda late in the thread for adding comments, but I have had two experiences with missing pieces lately: 1 - An Outback airstrip I bought from KB was missing a 1x2 corrugated gray brick that I must of search an hour for (thinking I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Technic Shuttles at Zany Brainy (Utah)

Hello fellow WAFOL-ITES. I was at Zany Brainy (Ft. Union area) this weekend and noticed they had at least two Technic Space Shuttles for sale. They also mentioned they would be receiving Lego watches and the (Shop at Home)Town Jr. cargo center very (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Oh the folks in the stores can find out. But practically speaking, it's not worth their time. Because, well, you're going to buy them regardless of when they hit the shelf, right? So unless you know someone, or can convince someone, to hunt (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Auczilla

Patience is a virtue. No more so than when it comes to waiting for Auczilla parts, especially when you really need them for a current project. As a participant since Aucz IV I can say that Todd always comes through eventually. It'll . I got my stuff (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: NELUG Turns 50!!

I'd have to agree for the most part with what's been said-- I'd like to see NELUG cater to a wider audience... However, this is really where the purpose of NELUG gets called into question. If we want a bunch of us to get together and talk about Lego (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: 4970, 6919, 6434 -- are these finds?

(...) not 6559. And yes, they were more like 50% off last year, whereas the sets are only about 1/3 off this year. (Except for that Town Jr set that has little to recommend it.) /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My Thoughts on the 2000 Line...

(...) I'd guess that another rack or two is in the back section. Reasons? Well, that's a lot of empty space if not, and the back opens. It has two 1x4/2x2 hinge bricks on the side shown in the catalog. Jeff (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) So the $64k question is, kids: We can probably assume from what you guys have said that SOMEONE in the TRU corporation, not necessarily someone at a store, could, if they wanted to (and you'd think they would- we're going to spend a LOT of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) Hmm. If you only blip at the compass points, what happens if you "cross" a fork while between one of the four points? (...) Ahh. I missed the synchro part. Crazy. :) -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Trading for Brown ladders from 6061

I can also offer a wide selection of parts to trade, mostly spares leftover from a couple large collections I've recently purchased. If you have a wanted parts list of reasonable length (your top 50 parts wants at most) send it to me and I'll see (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RE: Line Following by Humans versus Bots

An example of this effect is that spinning tunnel that Universal Studios has (had?) that was also featured in an episode of the Six Million Dollar Man (the Big Foot episodes, IIRC). The walls of the tunnel spin clockwise as you move through it. It (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  WTB: Brown ladders from 6061

I need 2-3 more of the large brown ladder that comes in 6061, seen here: (URL) offering $4 per ladder, shipping incl. I'd prefer to deal with one seller who has 2 or 3, but I'll buy single ladders too. -Mike Ulring (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Even more 2000 comments

(...) It looks like 5938 Oasis Ambush is about as good as it gets for the next year, anyway. 76 pieces, MSRP $8, includes 4 2x2 blue steep slopes as well as a palm tree and a number of other decent pieces. I plan to stock up when Kohls hits 30% off (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) opposite. Since most customers are looking for a particular item it is very useful for the floor workers to be able to access what is in stock or when it is expected in. Then again the toy store industry is a far cry from the retail field I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NELUG Turns 50!!

As an advisor of a church senior high youth group, I am definitely aware of the issues... Ryan raises a very good point though. One of the things that we AFOLs should bend over backwards is to create a support structure for teens so they do not have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Serial Comm with RCX

Well, it's hard to say what the problem might be. Since you've got the green LED going, you've probably got the cable wired correctly. And yes, it's 2400 baud, 1 start, 1 stop, 8 data, odd parity. Perhaps the packet isn't correct. Here's a sample (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Brown Ladders

Did the brown 13-rung ladder come in any sets other than 6061 Siege Tower? The gray just doesn't seem to look as good as brown in my Castle. SO, I need a couple more of these - and I'll pay handsomely for them ;-) -Mike Ulring (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More Pic's of... Re: 2 person Heavy Assault Walker

(...) From what I can tell, these are the new Click Hinge pieces coming out: 1x6 brick, hinges at either end (blue,yellow,gray) 1x4 brick, hinges at either end (yellow,white,red) 1x2 brick, hinges at either end (yellow,white,red) 1x2 brick, Center (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) "wrong (...) I keep a personal spreadsheet which takes the retail price of a set and the number of pieces to extrapolate an average price per piece. I use this to get a ballpark figure on the original price of the older sets. I've only (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Yes. The system MUST have that capability, and it must be accessable. TRU would not have become the monolithic chain it has without inventory controls and excellent tracking capabilities. However, it is also possible, (even likely) that the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) I've seen blue-vested TRU employees pull Lego pallets out and stock them before with my own eyes. Chris (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

<A SNIPPING WE WILL GO> (...) Don't Lego employees, or at least contracted employees of Lego, stock the Lego aisle at TRU? Wouldn't this mean that the regular TRU worker really doesn't have any idea of when the Lego sets will be stocked. They may be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Line Following by Humans versus Bots

(...) Actually, it is pretty cheap on amazon (14 + shipping)- check it out here: (URL) Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) get about 5 trucks a week. For all practicial purposes the people on the salesfloor have NO idea whats on the truck thats unloaded everynight. Sure thers a way to find out, IF I have the numbers for it, *AND* have 15-30 minutes to dig around (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) and they told me the same thing. Do you think it's possible that someone at TRU, if they wanted to, could tell us when the new sets will be on shelves? My reasoning is thus- 1. A TRU buyer went to ToyFare and ordered x number of sets. 2. Lego (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) Cool. Guess I will be making some regularly scheduled stops on the way home from work the next couple weeks. Travis (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is the LDraw parts database free?

(...) You forgot that there's a DOS emulator for Unix and you don't need to run the .EXE files, they are ARJ self extracting archives so running "arj x file.exe" will extract the files as well (and arj can be easily found for Linux systems, it's (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) I don't know about, and certainly can't speak for, Todd, but I know that some people wouldn't give out this info just to keep it from falling into the "wrong hands" and becoming part of a Lego Price Guide. Though, insurance purposes would be a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Part number for crystal in Rock Raider sets?

Your part looks good! Welcome aboard! FYI, if no visible part number can be found on the part, and if the numbers group can't find a correct TLC number, then the part gets assigned a number <1000. And for future reference, if you have any questions (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: I love my mailbox

(...) I have to comment here that the O'Reilly "The Unofficial Guide to LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Robots" (By Jonathan B. Knudsen, 1st Edition October 1999, 1-56592- 692-7, Order Number: 6927, 266 pages, $24.95) is one of the best "tech" books I've read in (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Third possibility: They are clueless. ;) Just because a computer is capable of something doesn't mean the minimum wage slaves in front of it know. A manager on the other hand, pretty much HAS to know. I happen to know (via a TRU 'friend' of my (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: IRPD

Kalyan, Both Marvin Green and Dennis Clark have IRPD kits (fairly cheap) that IMO are much better than the Lynxmotion unit (I have all three). (2 URLs) you get either Marvin's or Dennis' IRPD kit, I can send you PIC source code for either board that (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) re: Mechanical mess - agreed. :) Hopefully, and elegant solution will present itself there too. (...) True, but I sort of like the idea behind having a sort of blip at four compass points. It makes maze navigation a simple problem and then I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Two female minifigs in castle 2000?

(...) ~ she's just the messenger... ;-) later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Decision - Robolab 4 pak vs 4 RIS packages!

(...) I just had the same opportunity to purchase four RIS for my school. After much thought I purchased four separate RIS at Best Buy for $199 ea. Because I purchased them locally I paid no shipping. I ordered from Pitsco the Robolab software plus (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: RCX output

(...) The problem I have found with these is having to replace the dilithium crystals. I have found that the power levels drop significantly even with only minor crystal matrix deterioration. It makes it tough to power any serious application (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Dacta verkrijgbaar in Nederland?

Wie weet waar/hoe? Arjen (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Dear LEGO: Pirate wish list

(...) Wait until you have a few more, you'll get tired of them eventually... (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Poll: www.itlug.org

(...) Ok. (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Line Following by Humans versus Bots

(...) The reference is Vehicles by Valentino Braitenberg, MIT PRess 1984. (Took awhile to find that!) Wish I had a copy. Ralph Deal@kzoo.edu (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TRU Adventures Mag (UK)

(...) In the cartoon, the Rock Monster has been mostly eating Energy Crystals. I had thought that they were soliciting creative answers, which was where my confusion began. I was about to send in a whole load of loony suggestions. -- Liam. (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  Re: IRPD

(...) I have a PIC based design on my web page: (URL) that will work with any micro. I have parts description and PIC source as well as a crude board layout graphic. This one is fully automated with a left/right/both sensing capability. I also have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) I already replied but I wanted to add that you're very lucky to have a friend at TRU. I have a love-hate relationship with them. They're really the only game in town, but the employees and managers are just terrible. Example- when will you be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: RCX output

Jonathan Perret wrote in message <005c01bf2f78$e014be...ble.fr>... (...) I expect he means these new high-powered matter/antimatter batteries ;-) They produce a lot of energy and no waste at all! Just kidding, Arjen (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Yeah, I'm inclined to agree here. As with any other 'unusual' or large collection - meaning anything the average family isn't likely to have - document it, and ask your agent about it. If he says it's covered, get it in writing. Video tape (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  #6280 AND 4555/QUICK SALE FROM DYA

Hi Legofans, Tomorrow, wednesday 17th November 1999 (from 13:30 to 18:00=french hour), I'll do a quick sale about set 4555 and 6280. Why quick ??? Because my stock is limited ! 4555=7 sets 6280=12 sets I won't keep sets: the first legofan, whose (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) You know I actually looked at the mini catalog and somehow I totally spaced the prices. I would say that I am very happy with the prices for the Star Wars sets and I hope it translates over to the other themes. The Star Wars sets seem to be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Functional languages and/or RCX wrapper code

(...) If Lego keeps doing what they're doing, I suspect 2.0 will be a much more open architecture than 1.0 or 1.5. At the very least they should wind up documenting the RCX at the bytecode level (if they're smart, that is), so that the hacker types (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) That is the method I've usually assumed would be best. (...) Wow. This sounds like a mechanical mess, but an elegant solution (in a broader sense) to the depth/breadth issue I was talking about last night. Good luck. My two cents: 1) maybe a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IRPD

If you check (URL) you will find IRPD's with very narrow detection zones. Those are good for many applications. If you need one with wide coverage just for obstacle avoidance, check (URL) One or the other of those sites should work for you. Gary (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) from (...) least (...) Yes, I would have also guessed $50. on the B-Wing, but the $20 Slave I was already confirmed by the mini catalog on birckshelf.com (URL) with all except the B-wing & skiff Ryan (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:6WswOCJp6IP1cmL...4ax.com... (...) pods. (...) to (...) set, (...) My, aren't we cynical? If they don't put at least a holochess table and a gunner's seat in there, they will have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dealings with Rene Virsik?

Update: Sounds like I may just be panicy. According to someone else that I talked to, surface mail (which I am assuming it was) takes between 6-10 weeks for delivery. So it could very possibly still be on the way... Sorry to panic anyone else (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact