 Robotics / Handy Board / 7087
Re: IRPD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:32:24 GMT

Kalyan,

Both Marvin Green and Dennis Clark have IRPD kits (fairly cheap) that
IMO are much better than the Lynxmotion unit (I have all three).

   http://www.rdrop.com/~marvin/other/otherprj.htm
   http://www.verinet.com/~dlc/projects/botproj.htm

If you get either Marvin's or Dennis' IRPD kit, I can send you PIC
source code for either board that will greatly improve the noise
rejection.

Good luck and have fun,
- Nick -

Gary Livick wrote:

If you check http://www.acroname.com, you will find IRPD's with very
narrow detection zones.  Those are good for many applications.  If you
need one with wide coverage just for obstacle avoidance, check
http://www.lynxmotion.com/irpd.htm.  One or the other of those sites
should work for you.

Gary Livick

"Mulampaka, Kalyan (GEIS, ASI)" wrote:

Hi,
Can somebody point me some web pages for an Infrared Proximity
Detector/sensor (IRPD) for the HandyBoard?
Thanks
Kalyan

Kalyan Mulampaka
Software Engineer