 Star Wars / 4570
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:36:54 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten wrote:

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
Notice the tan 3x3 round plates on the right hand side of the MF.  These
rounded plates ensure that something, e.g. an escape pod, can easily be
inserted.

Nice call!  That's a pretty good guess.  There could even be two escape • pods.

That would be better than having the cockpit as an escape pod.  But it
wouldn't leave much room for "internals" in the MF.

I'm not hoping for much in the way of MF "internals".  That would just add • to
the price of the set, without providing a visible value-add to the
time-of-purchase experience.

In other words, people can't be able to see the insides when they buy the • set,
so having a cool interior doesn't sell more sets, so why should LC put more
money into the interior?

My, aren't we cynical?  If they don't put at least a holochess table and a
gunner's seat in there, they will have completely botched this set.  But then
given what we've seen of the MF so far, I guess I won't be too suprised.  I'm
also hoping for a new SW computer, maybe with a TIE in the viewscreen.  Maybe
in the A- or B-wing?

-John Van