 Star Wars / 4536
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 14:46:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:

I guess this inset shows release of cockpit as an escape pod.

I think so, too.

Notice the tan 3x3 round plates on the right hand side of the MF.  These
rounded plates ensure that something, e.g. an escape pod, can easily be
inserted.

Nice call!  That's a pretty good guess.  There could even be two escape pods.

That would be better than having the cockpit as an escape pod.  But it
wouldn't leave much room for "internals" in the MF.

-John Van

I just took a little trip to Target and purchased a snowspeeder just to see if
I would have any luck finding a lego 2000 catalogue.  Alas I did!  I took a
real close look at the picture and it is some sort of vehicle with a 2x wide
windshield and what appears to be a Luke figure in it.  I don't know what side
it comes out of but I am almost positive it is the right side because I can
see what looks like a ramp.  I tried to scan in copies but the quality was
poor.  Damn this photoshop progam and damn Bill Gates.  I might try it again
later just to show everyone my discovery.

                      Mike