 Star Wars / 4447
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:06:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Richard Franks writes:
Do you mean the inset drawing? I don't think there's enough resolution • there
to *know* what the drawing is of, but I don't think that it is Slave 1, just
because of the colouring. Unless I missed the thread where it was explained?

Richard

I have been looking at this very closely and thinking the same thing.  I know
it is on the right side of the ship where the entrance/exit ramp should be.
My proof is you can see the blue engine color.  The object that is separated
away from thr MF is about the same size as Slave 1 and shaped correct but the
coloring is off I think unless it is the photo.  Keep in mind that is is a
poor quality photo also.  I do have a thought that it could possible some
escape pod or something, it is the size you could place a minifig inside. Tell
me what everyone else thinks, here's the link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-08.html

                               Mike

The inset looks more like a drawing than a photo and the color also looks
wrong on the MF. The shape of the attached ship is what made me think it was
the Slave 1. Also if it was an escape pod that was extra wouldn't lego add it
to the picture of the set, like they did with the extra stuff with the X-wing
set?

Tony