 Star Wars / 4598
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I'm hoping for C-3P0.  Chewie would *most* excellent, and more appropo, but
C-3P0 is much needed.

Get ready for more cynicism on this one.  We haven't seen Chewie or 3PO in any
logos or catalogs, and I'd be really suprised if we got 4 or even 3 unique new
minifigs in this one set.  Chewie really belongs, though, even more than Leia.

-John Van

I agree for the most part.  I think Han w/vest and Leia are definites only
because we have seen the figs and this is the only set that makes sense for
them.  That probably means another Luke (probably desert Luke).  I would not be
suprised if they threw in an R2-D2 as well.

I doubt that we will see either Chewie or C-3PO this year.  I personally don't
this TLC has figured out how to handle them.  For Chewie I think the closest
thing they have is the Ghost and for C-3PO I think he is about dead between
being a standard fig with printing and some sort of droid like the battle
droid.

I will throw in my obligatory Storm Trooper rant here because it seems to fit.
I guess we could hope there will be some Storm Troopers in the Millenium
Falcon set trying to blast it (like the droids in the Naboo Fighter) but I am
not going to hold my breath.  I also don't think you will see a Storm Trooper
in a Minifig pack until you see it in a set.  Has LEGO ever had a fig that was
only available in a Minifig pack?

So unfortunatly we are probably going to go another year without a Storm
Trooper (a bigger tragedy then the Falcon in my mind), C-3PO, Chewbacca, Yoda,
Lando (to big of a PC problem I think), Tarkin (or any other imperial
officer), or an Emperor/Darth Sidious.  In fact in terms of the new Classic
Star Wars sets we are not getting a single new imperial period and the only
"bad guy" we are getting is Boba Fett.

At this rate I am wondering why it was so hard for the Rebels to defeat the
Empire.  The Empire sure is out gunned from a LEGO perspective.

Well that is enough for my periodic Storm Trooper rant for this month.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/