 Star Wars / 4451
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:34:18 GMT

Tony Sharpe <shart@orca.esd114.wednet.edu> wrote in message >
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-08.html

                               Mike

The inset looks more like a drawing than a photo and the color also looks
wrong on the MF. The shape of the attached ship is what made me think it • was
the Slave 1. Also if it was an escape pod that was extra wouldn't lego add • it
to the picture of the set, like they did with the extra stuff with the • X-wing
set?

Tony

Yes it is a drawing inset, a classic way that used by TLG in the catalogs to
underline the functioning parts of the sets. But what is the functioning
part of Falcon then?

I guess this inset shows release of cockpit as an escape pod. I know
Millnium Falcon doesn't have a feature like this, but I know that the Bongo
(Gungan sub)doesn't have a detachable front cockpit as well..:-)

Selçuk