 Star Wars / 4569
4568  |  4570
Subject:
Got my Battle Droid!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:12:26 GMT

Hey guys-

I got my battle droid technic set delivered from Scotland yesterday. (thanx
Scott!). I just wanted to give some thoughts about it:

It rocks! It's a good set as far a peice count, and should probably be a $30
set over here in the States when it comes out. The droid stands about 14"
tall, and looks good on a desk. The skeletal technic look lends itself well to
this model. It comes with some extra yellow and red peices so that you can
swap them into the droid's head and shoulders to make it a "security"
or "commander" droid. It folds up as in the movie, and unfolds at the press of
a button. the coolest feature is that his gun is in a clip on his backpack,
and when you twist a knob on the back his hand goes back and grabs it, pulls
in out of the clip, and comes down with the gun ready. This is accomplished by
means of a magnet on the gun, and one on his hand. The alternate model is an
AT-ST- mostly lame because the legs really don't move much, and the above
mentioned technic skeletal look does not lend itself well to this one- too
hollow looking. twisting a knob on the back makes the top section turn.

A quick question- do most of you guys (not gender specific) say "tekneek"
or "teknik"? I usually say "tekneek"

Not an official review- no peice count info because I left the box at home,
but I would have to say "buy it!" Technic a or starwars fans or both should
like it. Now I can't wait to get that Droideka!

Chris