 Star Wars / 4595
Re: Got my Battle Droid!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:20:42 GMT

I say "teknik".

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
   http://theForce.net
      "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful
      than you can possibly imagine."

Christopher Lannan <shakguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey guys-

I got my battle droid technic set delivered from Scotland yesterday. • (thanx
Scott!). I just wanted to give some thoughts about it:

It rocks! It's a good set as far a peice count, and should probably be a • $30
set over here in the States when it comes out. The droid stands about 14"
tall, and looks good on a desk. The skeletal technic look lends itself • well to
this model. It comes with some extra yellow and red peices so that you can
swap them into the droid's head and shoulders to make it a "security"
or "commander" droid. It folds up as in the movie, and unfolds at the • press of
a button. the coolest feature is that his gun is in a clip on his • backpack,
and when you twist a knob on the back his hand goes back and grabs it, • pulls
in out of the clip, and comes down with the gun ready. This is • accomplished by
means of a magnet on the gun, and one on his hand. The alternate model is • an
AT-ST- mostly lame because the legs really don't move much, and the above
mentioned technic skeletal look does not lend itself well to this one- too
hollow looking. twisting a knob on the back makes the top section turn.

A quick question- do most of you guys (not gender specific) say "tekneek"
or "teknik"? I usually say "tekneek"

Not an official review- no peice count info because I left the box at • home,
but I would have to say "buy it!" Technic a or starwars fans or both • should
like it. Now I can't wait to get that Droideka!

Chris