 Robotics / 8250
Re: RCX output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:24:47 GMT

Arjen Gerstel wrote:

Jonathan Perret wrote in message
<005c01bf2f78$e014be20$9edbc6d4@phantom.cybercable.fr>...
It does go through batteries fast, but we have used ni-cads from
the start, and have recently switched to the 'pure energy' because
of a combination of price, higher power, and claimed
enviro-friendliness.

What do you call 'pure energy' ?

I expect he means these new high-powered matter/antimatter
batteries ;-) They produce a lot of energy and no waste at all!

The problem I have found with these is having to replace
the dilithium crystals.  I have found that the power levels drop
significantly even with only minor crystal matrix deterioration.
It makes it tough to power any serious application without resorting
to the wall-wart.

Just kidding,

Likewise,
-Paul (pspeed@progeeks.com, http://www.progeeks.com/)