 Castle / 665
Re: Question on Tan Peasants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:51:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:
What about the old battering ram set from classic castle. Or you could make
your own...

You mean 6062?  That is an awful battering ram.  'Twould work on the small
door in that set, but it would never work against a real castle's gate.  Its
too small, and there is no one to operate it!

BTW, I did make my own when I was a child, and I even made it "steel" capped.
But I still would've liked TLC to've made a functional one.

Jeff

Hmm... my thought is maybe a "good" battering ram would encourage the pieces to
get broken? With the one in 6062, you'd have to actually push with your fingers
to break a piece, but if you made a sturdy wheeled battering ram and rolled it
violently at the drawbridge of a castle, well... so long drawbridge. Of course
kids are gonna do that thing ANYWAY, but maybe TLC doesn't want to encourage it
on this level-- they'll leave the violence to the limited force of throwbots
and cyberslam (blech!) Anyway, a thought.

DaveE