 Castle / 628
Re: Question on Tan Peasants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 02:13:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Doyle G. Nelson writes:
Hello,

I was wondering what the opinions are on tan peasants, personally I think • lego
should make Tan Peasants for their new castle line. They would look more
realistic. I know I am going to have made stickers that are precut using the
gray peasant image and have it made in tan so I can place the stickers on any
tan fig and wholla instant tan peasant. I was thinking of using the gray ones
for brick builders?

Hey they allready make Tan Peasants.  They come in the Star Wars sets :) .
More to your point however I think that TLG (TLC) needs more peasants period • in
the castle line and more everyday folk in all the lines.  The problem is that
kids don't get very excited about peasants with pitchforks.  They would much
rather have a knight with a sword.

I know this makes for a very unbalanced society but LEGO does market to kids
first and that is what kids want.  That is what is great with the Star Wars
figs.  They give kids what they want while they give us the peasants we want
for our castles/midevil scenes.  I know that this is not the perfect solution
because it means you have to buy alot of non-castle stuff but many of the Star
Wars sets have lots of parts that can be used in building castles like gray
plates, slopes, and bricks.

Anyway maybe if TLG Reads these post they can get some opinions on these • types
of issues.

Whether they read these posts or not I don't know.  Some claim they do but I
think that either way it seems LEGO is moving in the right direction with the
2000 sets.  We know see at least 2 sets that are marketed almost directly to
adult collectors.  We also see or, more appropriately, don't see a single BURP
in any of the new sets.

This is all good and hopefully the trend will continue in the years to come.
Maybe we will even be able to say that the last few years were TLG's dark ages
:) .

Eric

Guess its dead on sunday? Anyway I think the tAN FIGS ARE OK, just that they
dont have the peasant print on them, thats what I would want!