 Local / United States / Texas / Dallas/Ft. Worth / 43
42  |  44
Subject:
DFW, It's time to speak up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:59:15 GMT

Okay... so I've been fairly active on LUGNET in the CAD groups for quite some
time now, working with LCAD, doing some parts authoring, even writing a few VB
apps to help other LCAD users... I've decided that it's time to make a little
contact with my local AFOL friends...

So anyone in the DFW area needs to respond to this message so we all have an
idea how many of our neighbors are LUGNET users...

I think it would be a great idea to hear who we all are, what our areas of
interest are (both internal and external to Lego) and where we live (more
specifially than "the DFW area")...

The whole point of this came about when I recently found out that somone I was
bidding against on eBay (niteboat) was from Austin (Pat Justison)... I guess it
still shocks me a little when I find out another AFOL is so close by... (I
know that LUGNET has Roll Call for this same purpose... but who wants to dig
through that to find locals??)

I hope you guys reply and we can get some rapport going amongst ourselves!

So... I'll start...

I'm Jeff Boen
I'm 30 Years Old, engaged, one soon-to-be step daughter (7)
I live North of 635, off of the Dallas North Tollway
I'm an Information Technologies Manager for AccuBanc Mortgage
I work at Coit and 635
My Lego interests are Classic Space, Technic and Robotics... also Star Wars,
but I'm not fanatical...
Lately I'm trying to purchase all of the sets I sold at 15 when I went into my
dark ages.. (alpha-1, mobil rocket launcher, etc) and Blacktron I sets...
I came out of my dark ages 4 years ago with the purchase of the Supercar
(yeah!) and the introduction to LCAD (someone had written a program that I
dreamed of trying on my C-64 in the early 80's!)
Outside of Lego I'm pretty heavy into computers, 3D modeling/rendering,
photoshop, movies and my Audi A4
Usually I buy old Lego via private auctions posted here or auctions on eBay
(although the prices usually make that a waste of time)
New Lego I tend to buy at Target (mostly in the Plano area) or TRU (Plano
again, and the one off of the Tollway at Beltline)...

welp.. that's the basics.. hope to hear from others of you!!!! (that means you
James, David and Jason!!)

:)